• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Novels Get Anime DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote
wish a club like that existed at my middle/high schools :\

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Aww...the background of this anime sounds sad. A club for people who have no friends. It's times like this when I wish I could jump into their world and say " I'll BE YOUR FRIEND!! "
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote
That premise sounds cliche-y......... like combining Bleach with Haruhi or something......... Laughing

Kougeru wrote:
wish a club like that existed at my middle/high schools :\

There were! The would-be members just never got together!
They just never got to meet each other due to lack of mutual friends. Very Happy
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote
They say he doesn't have any friends, but the protag essentially makes 2 friends in the first 2 days from the start of the stories, AND THEY ARE FRIGGIN HOTTIES!

SPOILER ALERT! spoiler[It was suggested in the manga that Yozora, the person who co-founded the club with the protag, is actually the TRUE friend that the protag made back in his childhood, although the protrag doesn't realize it.]
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:31 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
They say he doesn't have any friends, but the protag essentially makes 2 friends in the first 2 days from the start of the stories, AND THEY ARE FRIGGIN HOTTIES!

Yea, cause hotties never have friends. They are so lonely in their hotness, "boohoo, wont someone save me from my hotness?" Rolling Eyes If I remember correctly it doesn't take him too long to collect a club full of your typical harem types. There were a few humorous moments, but not enough to keep me around reading it. Maybe the anime will improve on it.

enurtsol wrote:
That premise sounds cliche-y......... like combining Bleach with Haruhi or something......... Laughing

Or maybe Sekirei and Haruhi? Laughing
j123ready

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I think the manga is really interesting and hilarious.. And there wasn't any ecchi or anything near it in the manga (which may change in the anime of course) from what I've read. I've seen so many animes that I really don't care whats cliche or not 'cause to be honest with you I haven't seen anything original or groundbreaking in anime in a long time. So long that now I just look at the entertainment value and split my rankings to anime's that are entertaining = A+ while anime's that are boring and/or annoying gets an F- Smile
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:24 am Reply with quote
j123ready wrote:
I've seen so many animes that I really don't care whats cliche or not 'cause to be honest with you I haven't seen anything original or groundbreaking in anime in a long time.

I am sure as hell that Madoka was groundbreaking and original. This season's Anohana was original and it was decent. The next thing you should expect will be Fate/zero from October. Although it is not original, quality of execution will be definitely on a completely different level compared to other animes of its season.
j123ready

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
j123ready wrote:
I've seen so many animes that I really don't care whats cliche or not 'cause to be honest with you I haven't seen anything original or groundbreaking in anime in a long time.

I am sure as hell that Madoka was groundbreaking and original. This season's Anohana was original and it was decent. The next thing you should expect will be Fate/zero from October. Although it is not original, quality of execution will be definitely on a completely different level compared to other animes of its season.

Nope, I've seen magical girl anime's before. I've seen moe girls kill things that aren't humans. I don't find that original at all or groundbreaking. But, I will admit that Fate/zero will be in a class of it's own when it comes out Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1