• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Negima Film to Tell 'Ver. B' Finale, Bundle Manga #0

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexcampos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:04 am Reply with quote
Wait...."another true ending"??? Confused

How can we have "another ending" if we haven't had ANY ending to begin with???

Are we Talking about Mahou Sensei Negima or Negima Neo??

I could care less about Negima Neo....I thought this movie was about the Original Mahou Sensei Negima manga....

I gotta admit....I'm VERY CONFUSED Confused Confused Confused
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:13 am Reply with quote
I'm confuse as well. Somebody help us!
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quote
It's an alternate ending that Akamatsu had thought of originally. The manga will continue past its current arc.

Again, I'm waiting for this to be licensed. Come on FUNimation, this would be awesome to get picked up, even as an end to the Negima anime. I guess we won't see the "0th volume" though unless Kodansha USA wants to release it. (And I'm still waiting for those NegiPa books to be released here...)
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:56 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
It's an alternate ending that Akamatsu had thought of originally. The manga will continue past its current arc.

Again, I'm waiting for this to be licensed. Come on FUNimation, this would be awesome to get picked up, even as an end to the Negima anime. I guess we won't see the "0th volume" though unless Kodansha USA wants to release it. (And I'm still waiting for those NegiPa books to be released here...)

Ugh, as financially risky as it may be for them (presumably), I'd rather that if they do get the movie, they MUST get the OVAs that lead up to the movie.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:09 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Ugh, as financially risky as it may be for them (presumably), I'd rather that if they do get the movie, they MUST get the OVAs that lead up to the movie.

Well they did license both the Negima Anime series and the 2 OVAs. My Guess is that Funimation is waiting for Negima OVAs to end and then they will license them all in one go. That is what they did with Tusbasa Chronicals OVA (but those didn't end, it just seemed like they will not make anymore).

It's really tedious and hard to sell 3 OVA episode on one release and have it for a price that people will want to buy it. But if you were to get say 9 OVAs in one release then it becomes simpler to release it. In the R1 anime market those releasing in small quantities are become rare and far in between and soon to be extincted (or at least I hope).
alexcampos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:12 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Oh, I see....

However, I'm still a little confused is this an alternative ending to the current arc of the manga.....or an alternative end to the entire story????

Also, with this movie, does this mean we will NEVER see a proper anime adaptation of this manga???

If so, that's a shame, there's so much I would have liked to see animated.
N.R.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:30 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Funimation might license this movie, but it's still too early. The movie hasn't even premiered yet. A half a year or so after screening, the DVD version will be out in Japan. Only then will Funimation be able to license this DVD for the U.S. We have a lot of down time on our hands. BTW, I highly believe that Kodansha will bundle the 0 episode of the manga in some volume of the English Negima! manga at some point or the other.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:56 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Well, yeah, I'm hoping for those too.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:37 am Reply with quote
alexcampos wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Oh, I see....

However, I'm still a little confused is this an alternative ending to the current arc of the manga.....or an alternative end to the entire story????

Also, with this movie, does this mean we will NEVER see a proper anime adaptation of this manga???

If so, that's a shame, there's so much I would have liked to see animated.

What entire story? This is meant to be about the Magic World arc.

As sad as it is to admit, I kinda doubt that there are any plans for a full adaptation of the manga. I can't imagine SHAFT wanting to sign on for such a long series, especially one so far ahead, if they had to start from the beginning. Since so much went into deciding whether there would be a movie, more OVAs, or a new series (it was based on pre-orders!), I think that this may be the last animated Negima for a long while.

If anything, a new series based off the actual manga would likely have to start from whatever takes place after the Magic World arc. Even then, it would probably be a while before anything happens, or else we'll get a repeat of the first series (like any other series that catches up to the manga).
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:36 am Reply with quote
Ok now I'm kinda angry.

The movie was going to cover the last fights in the MW arc which is why it's been coming to an end lately so the arc finishes with the start of the movie....

I wanted spoiler[ JACK FREAKING WILL POWERING HIM SELF BACK TO LIFE ANIMATED] not some AU ending....
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:39 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

At ACEN this year, FUNimation did say both Negima series did pretty well for them, and that the OVas and (yet to be released) movie were on their list of license possibilities.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Asrialys wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

At ACEN this year, FUNimation did say both Negima series did pretty well for them, and that the OVas and (yet to be released) movie were on their list of license possibilities.

Yeah. That's why I'm hopeful about them being licensed. I just hope they don't skip out on the Yue special.
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Urgh.... Can't he let it end? It's already ridicolous as it is now.
alonsorules8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
ximpalullaorg wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Urgh.... Can't he let it end? It's already ridicolous as it is now.

No he can't let it end Akamatsu stated that he was doing another 300 chapters for Negima back in December 2010.

Also on funimation releasing the OAD's and Movie, I was told at Anime Mid Atlantic that they are not on the short list of titles to pick up but they still have Negima on their radar screen.
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote
alonsorules8 wrote:

No he can't let it end Akamatsu stated that he was doing another 300

Glad to see his abysmal writing skills haven't improved since Love Hina then. A lot of material is pure filler.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2