• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hyper Japan - code details!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genieuk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:53 am Reply with quote
Hi

I got a code a Hyper Japan at the weekend. I have opend a account with you today but when i try the code it is saying that i have already used it. I have not tried to use it till today,

Please help
ViralRiver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:07 am Reply with quote
This is also happening to me =\ .

I've taken a look at the anime list but I only see a few different animes. Am I missing out on a page, or is there just not that much content yet? I was hoping to watch some more mainstream content such as Bleach/ FMA etc.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
There are currently 6 titles, all but one from the Spring season:

http://ww.anime-on-demand.com/video/anime

Most of this season's new titles haven't started streaming yet, which along with Nura which is also yet to be added, will bring to total up to 11.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ViralRiver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 am Reply with quote
Ohhh!! Am I right in thinking that the site uploads anime released per season? i.e, the ones currently uploaded will be removed and replaced with newer anime later next season etc?

Sorry, it's not every day you come across an anime streaming website without the usual stuff Razz .
Fudce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Well they can only stream what they have the rights to stream. Right now, Crunchyroll has the right to stream Bleach - any other sites are illegal. As for FMA... I guess Funimation have the rights to stream that?
Genieuk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all the reply but this still does not say why the code is saying i have already used it when i have not.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
FUNimation have no UK rights for FMA:Brotherhood at all (although they do for the original FMA). Manga did stream Brotherhood via their own site (although using assets from FUNi's streams) on a rolling schedule but it fell apart at the end (they missed an episode, took that weeks episodes down without ever putting the missing episode up, then stopped adding/removing episodes at all without having finished the run).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ayasawada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm having the same problem with the code too. Am also similarly puzzled as to how to access the 720p stream.

From their Twitter stream it seems that other people are having the same problems. I tweeted @animeondemand but I haven't had a reply.

I've tried contacting Anime On Demand using their email address but heard nothing.

Is anybody there that's had any luck? Or better yet an AOD staff member who can address these problems? It's a shame, as I really like the service and would seriously consider a season pass, but am slightly worried by these issues.
Genieuk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Looks like no one from AOD is listening. Why put up the code at HJ if it is not going to work. It seems like we will never find out why. I for one will not give them my money if this is a indication of the kind of service they run.
Fudce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:53 pm Reply with quote
You should DM Andrew on AoD's Twitter feed. He reads these forums too, but he's more likely to spot it on Twitter.
sunteam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I have the same problem here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1