• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Dub Madoka Magica Into English

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parse Error

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Yup, you should check it out.

Have no worries; I plan on doing so fairly soon. Although the description doesn't make it seem like something that would suit my preferences, such has been the case with far too many anime I ended up enjoying immensely after getting around to watching them.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Veers wrote:
Max465 wrote:
But compared to the other two shows they licensed, Oreimo and Exorcist, Madoka was shit. I think Madoka was shit anyway. I would have bought Oreimo or Blue Exorcist had they been dubbed. Not buying Madoka, and now neither will I buy Exorcist or Oreimo.
Ladies and gentlemen, the cancer killing anime.
Yeah, free trade is a bitch, ainnit?

I'm pretty sure free trade has nothing to do with Max's situation and decision. Especially since free trade tends to deal more with physical goods than intellectual properties.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
Veers wrote:
Max465 wrote:
But compared to the other two shows they licensed, Oreimo and Exorcist, Madoka was shit. I think Madoka was shit anyway. I would have bought Oreimo or Blue Exorcist had they been dubbed. Not buying Madoka, and now neither will I buy Exorcist or Oreimo.
Ladies and gentlemen, the cancer killing anime.
Yeah, free trade is a bitch, ainnit?

I'm pretty sure free trade has nothing to do with Max's situation and decision. Especially since free trade tends to deal more with physical goods than intellectual properties.

I think what might have been meant was the "Free Price System", which is admittedly less catchy.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Parse Error wrote:
FireChick wrote:
Quote:
I seem to be one of the few people who haven't watched Durarara!! yet, so I'm wondering, was its dub fairly good?

I think the dub is great! Kida's voice is especially good! Very Happy That and Erika's and Dotachin's voices!

Thank you, that's excellent news.

I don't know for sure about Erika, but Dotachin's voice is indeed awesome! Then again, you can't go wrong with Steve Blum! Smile

That's not saying he would work well as Kyuubey or anything. I mean, could you imagine?? Very Happy
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
I don't know for sure about Erika, but Dotachin's voice is indeed awesome! Then again, you can't go wrong with Steve Blum! Smile

That's not saying he would work well as Kyuubey or anything. I mean, could you imagine?? Very Happy

The man did do Guilmon. So yes, I could imagine him pulling something out of that magic voice box of his and doing Kyuubey. I don't think he will, but it's not out of the question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8