• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - A Dance With Dogma

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Nagabuchi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Actually, timing-wise, including Scryed makes pretty good sense - not only was there an all night screening held in Shinjuku last week, theres the bluray box due out in October and the 'Alteration' re-edit due to hit the cinemas in November.
http://www.s-cry-ed.net/

Similarly, including Blood+ means Blood-C can piggy back some sort of advertising or tie-ins with the game, yet this way neither series needs to bother with the costs and time associated with full/dedicated games that probably wouldnt be recouped with their respective smaller fanbases. But this way, we get all the characters in one game and everyone wins!
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quote
Dragon's Dogma seems a bit like "Shadow of the Colossus", so it might be a fun romp. But I'm only tenuously interested at best, mind you... I'm still nursing a brooding discontent over the cancellation of Megaman Legends 3! Laughing

Interestingly enough, a recent GameFAQ's poll of the day showed Capcom to be the second most hated game developer... almost matching Activision for gamer's ire. Guess people aren't very happy with Dante's makeover, the too recent release of an Ultimate MvC, the nickel-n-diming DLC, and of course, the cancelling of MML3.

Speaking of Megaman Legends 3, people can still support the movement to revive it by Liking the Facebook page: 100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3. There are already over 40,000 people on it (huzzah! that's like, 500% more than Operation Rainfall).
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:58 am Reply with quote
X Button: While I'm happy to see the scaly appreciation from you Todd, snakes and dragons are not in the same class. Anime hyper

FF Type-0: You know, people will probably play this, try out the multiplayer, then just drop it when the next big FF comes out. I'm skipping it.

Heroes Fantasia: Another crossover RPG that sounds good on paper (hey I had an idea to put Blood+'s Saya in a crossover RPG of my own, no fair copying my idea Namco!) and yet it's too good for the U.S. because of licensing and a dying portable system. Give me a break. When are we ever going to get cool crossover RPGs that aren't going to get blocked by that stupid l-word anyway? -_-

Suikoden Team No More: What? I hadn't heard a thing about this. They really disbanded? God, another great RPG series bites the dust. As if Grandia's creator dying wasn't bad news enough for me. D:

Dragonheart in reverse? What does that mean? I happen to still like that old dragon flick, so please explain. Anime hyper

Last edited by belvadeer on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elves

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:43 am Reply with quote
Ouch. I had noticed that the Suikoden series had been MIA for a long while, but I'd been hoping that...well, anything but this. *sigh* Seeing the facts in print put the final nail in the coffin as it were. At least I can part knowing that I own every single Suikoden incarnation. Farewell, 108 Stars of Destiny. You shall be missed. Anime cry
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:03 am Reply with quote
I tried out the demo for No More Heroes on PS3... I can't believe I actually played until it made me stop. It was pointlessly violent (as I don't usually play games that are full of gore), way too much swearing for no good reason other than "shock" value, and the controls were really clunky. A definite pass on that...

I'm still looking forward to FF XIII Agito, no matter what they try to call it now. My PSP needs a bit more love before the Vita comes out.

As for Dragon's Dogma, I've never really cared for Capcom, but this looks like not just a SotC or DMC type game, but more like a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls ripoff, from what I've read about it. No, thank you.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:45 am Reply with quote
Japanese sword and sorcery? Sounds good to me. Then again, it is capcom, so I'll definitely be waiting for reviews on this one.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:46 am Reply with quote
DD piques my interest, mostly because it's something new and done by the DMC team.
ishmael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:20 am Reply with quote
Lightning Leo wrote:
Dragon's Dogma seems a bit like "Shadow of the Colossus", so it might be a fun romp. But I'm only tenuously interested at best, mind you... I'm still nursing a brooding discontent over the cancellation of Megaman Legends 3! Laughing

Interestingly enough, a recent GameFAQ's poll of the day showed Capcom to be the second most hated game developer... almost matching Activision for gamer's ire. Guess people aren't very happy with Dante's makeover, the too recent release of an Ultimate MvC, the nickel-n-diming DLC, and of course, the cancelling of MML3.

Speaking of Megaman Legends 3, people can still support the movement to revive it by Liking the Facebook page: 100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3. There are already over 40,000 people on it (huzzah! that's like, 500% more than Operation Rainfall).

Interesting poll. I guess all the CoD and WoW haters picked Activision. I understand but theyre still quality games with lots of bang for your bucks (MW2 is still played, if Im not mistaken, and WoW has hundreds of hours of content).

Im both really excited and unsure about El Shaddai. It looks awesome, the demo plays awesome, but somehow Im not sure if I want a whole game of that. Might trade MvC3 for it, Im still playing MK and BlazBlue more than it. Very Happy
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:45 am Reply with quote
Final Fantasy Type 0 is being directed by Motomu Toriyama (Crisis Core, The 3rd Birthday). I already have no faith in it.

Also, Lollipop Chainsaw may not actually be as "bloody" as you think; I recall reading that enemies in the game spew rainbows when mutilated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
Elves wrote:
At least I can part knowing that I own every single Suikoden incarnation.

Including Gaiden I and II, Card Stories, and Suikoden I&II?

Man, I should finish getting the actual cards... oh, Card Haus, how my money disappears to you...
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Rune Soldier and My-HiME are 'less prominant' than Darker than Black? I've never even HEARD of that one!
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Between Slither and Super, the idea of a game written by James Gunn excites me.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. Heroes Paradise brings in bosses from the second game? Does this mean that they don't intend to port it over?
Alucalb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
Final Fantasy Type 0 is being directed by Motomu Toriyama (Crisis Core, The 3rd Birthday). I already have no faith in it.

Hajime Tobita was the director of those games, and after playing the demo for Type-0 (it's on the Japanese PS Store and the official site) I think he's going to knock it out of the park this time.
sfried

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I actually tried El shadai at Otakon...I'm still a little weirded out over the fact the main character is wearing jeans while on some surreal fantasy landscape based on scripture.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1