• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Touhou-Based 'The Memories of Phantasm' Anime Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
Man, that's professional-grade production right there! Now if only voice acting was included. Maybe someone should bug the peeps from the Voice Acting Alliance forums to do a fandub for this.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:12 am Reply with quote
awesome I've been waiting for this but it sucks that its only 16mins long
RiskyTheShinigami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:02 pm Reply with quote
It's crazy that they did all this and couldn't grab some VAs for it. Maybe they didn't want to disappoint any fellow fans by using voices that some people wouldn't like?

And now we give it a few days for someone to overlay it with English subtitles. I caught most of what they were saying, but~
Koji98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote
There's a fansubbed version on youtube and a fake fandub.
opn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Man, that's professional-grade production right there! Now if only voice acting was included. Maybe someone should bug the peeps from the Voice Acting Alliance forums to do a fandub for this.

i mentioned this on the forum but it was zun's request at ufotable that they didn't hire sieyuus so fans wouldnt get disappointed at the voices they would of chose. as for the ova i think i really enjoyed it and i think it had great animation so im looking forward to the next one.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Wait, where did you hear that ufotable did the animation? I thought they only did that Animate x Touhou crossover.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
The credits certainly don't mention Ufotable, and the staff all have pseudonyms. If they weren't going to voice it they should have gone for the complete silent movie experience, without the sound effects (which really stand out without the voices) and the lines delivered on cards.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
This anime version is a doujin work not a company like ufotable (it isn't even their style of animation). I think it wasn't in their budget to do the voices, as it is doujin. The other OVA by Maikaze has voices even famous ones like Mai Nakahara, they are even making a continuation, which will probably have voices too.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh my, the normal magician has quite the tomboyish attitude.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:55 am Reply with quote
Yeah, definitely fantastic work for doujin animation

grooven wrote:
This anime version is a doujin work not a company like ufotable (it isn't even their style of animation). I think it wasn't in their budget to do the voices, as it is doujin. The other OVA by Maikaze has voices even famous ones like Mai Nakahara, they are even making a continuation, which will probably have voices too.

It's odd because everything looks like voice work would just be plug-n-play with the animation (scene and lip flaps) already in sync to the timed script. So it seems like a budget issue to me too. Maybe it'll get some seiyuus later like the Maikaze ova
opn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Wait, where did you hear that ufotable did the animation? I thought they only did that Animate x Touhou crossover.

i heard it from one of my friends who is basically a touhou expert though he might of just assumed that since zun is/was involved with it somewhat though he could be wrong. and if your wondering where i heard zuns request about the sieyuus he said it on his twitter i believe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1