• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Sound and the Fury

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote
Moonsaber wrote:
I would like to add that somewhere in there everyone forgot WHY spoiler[the spider tank went into action in the first place. Kanata heard the faint cease fire signal, and Rio had counted that she would. The entire reason they were at the front was to pass on that signal! It makes sense. ]Not great sense, but speaking as a Veteran myself, what you do in the military doesn't always make much sense, but you do what you are ordered to do.. and when you can, sometimes you even do what makes SENSE.

It's really subtle, though. I was rewatching the series when the DVD came out with my brother. In the final episode (not the bonus epilogue), there's a scene where spoiler[Claus turns to the camera and says, "It'll be impossible for anyone to hear the signal from so far." I said, "I just realized...he's saying that to Rio, who's just out of the frame (you can see a close-up, cropped part of her elbow or something), and just blew the signal for Kanata."] And neither of us had ever noticed that before, even though I'd already rewatched the show multiple times by that point.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Sora no Woto, Shelf Worthy? I disagree. However, I don't really feel like explaining why I didn't care for it since then people will feel the need to try and say why I'm wrong, and how I "didn't get it" so I'll just leave it at that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4