• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New 2-Part Magic Kaito Manga Starts This Month

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I swear I love Magic Kaito... It feels quite nice to take a break from all the crime and mystery with Conan, and switch back to all the pranks and magic with Kaito Kid. Smile
yamiangie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:16 am Reply with quote
Wow it's been 4 and a half years since the last installment. Then again that story ended on a real downer.

It is interesting that it coincides with the anime release of the last case that Kid appeared in which stated that the story of Phantom Lady was one for another day. You know it's getting harder and harder to disprove that Gosho Aoyama's mangas take place in different universes.
minakichan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:04 am Reply with quote
Kid!! The first chapter is awesome so far.

I pretty much never want Detective Conan to end, but at the same time I want to know how it ends... So if Conan ended but Gosho spent all his time on Kaito Kid, I'd be happy.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:50 am Reply with quote
The Detective Conan anime is currently animating more Magic Kaito episodes, so this is pretty good news, even though the DC anime is kind of screwy lately in terms of following the manga (they skipped a whole bunch to do the London Arc early)

Always nice to see Kaito's daily life when he's not clashing with Conan.

Quote:
It is interesting that it coincides with the anime release of the last case that Kid appeared in which stated that the story of Phantom Lady was one for another day. You know it's getting harder and harder to disprove that Gosho Aoyama's mangas take place in different universes.

I love all the crazy theories about it being related, though.. like Vermouth's seemingly immortal appearance somehow connected to the Pandora Gem (or the Gem being the basis of APTX-4869 itself) or Snake's organization being related to the Black Organization
Kutsu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:51 am Reply with quote
This sucks for DC fans, especially since Magic Kaito is quite uninteresting as a manga.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:53 am Reply with quote
So exciting! I gotta keep an eye out for those new TV specials... Smile
yamiangie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
The Detective Conan anime is currently animating more Magic Kaito episodes, so this is pretty good news, even though the DC anime is kind of screwy lately in terms of following the manga (they skipped a whole bunch to do the London Arc early)

Always nice to see Kaito's daily life when he's not clashing with Conan.

Quote:

I love all the crazy theories about it being related, though.. like Vermouth's seemingly immortal appearance somehow connected to the Pandora Gem (or the Gem being the basis of APTX-4869 itself) or Snake's organization being related to the Black Organization

I think they wanted to do the London arc while Wimbledon was going on. And clearly here they conspired with the Gosho and his staff to do the Ryoma case when he did his chapters related to phantom lady. And it likely snowballed from there into Kid month
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
yamiangie wrote:
I think they wanted to do the London arc while Wimbledon was going on.

That explains everything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1