• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
I can't even add the Rightstuf link for Kara no Kyoukai because it doesn't contain a normal item code.

I've added the release date and MSRP (although it was never sold for this price). I can't add the UPC (4534530040961) because it is actually a JAN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:34 am Reply with quote
I've fixed the scrapper so it will pick up the item code from rightstuf pages even if the item is out of stock (and added the Kara no Kyoukai link).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:54 am Reply with quote
So I take it we should add imports? If that's the case, lets come up a tag now. I'm thinking {Import} should be the tag we use for it.

Also, we (normal users and apparently editors) still can't add Aniplex titles - imports or R1 releases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote
Aniplex USA releases are limited to TRSI and Bandai aren't they?

TRSI doesn't list the UPC so can't be used on it's own, although it looks like the Bandai store does.

http://www.aniplexusa.com/oreimo/
http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa1001
http://store.bandai-ent.com/Oreimo_Limited_Edition_DVD_Complete_Box_Set_p/850527003073.htm

--edit---

Although, the Oreimo release actually is listed, although the release date was a month off (has it changed at some point?) and the UPC was missing, which I have added.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
So I take it we should add imports?

When you mentioned "imports" first I thought you were talking about all releases that could be ordered directly from Japan, but now it looks like you've limited to "imports that have English sub and distributed by an American company e.g. Animplex America." In that case I'll just leave this issue to other editors as I'm not in a good position to decide.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
When you mentioned "imports" first I thought you were talking about all releases that could be ordered directly from Japan, but now it looks like you've limited to "imports that have English sub and distributed by an American company e.g. Animplex America." In that case I'll just leave this issue to other editors as I'm not in a good position to decide.

I should have made that more clear, my mistake. I simply referred to them as imports since that's how Rightstuf had labeled them. But yes, I was referring to imports that have English sub and distributed by an American company e.g. Animplex America.

Shiroi Hane wrote:

Imports sold directly from Aniplex in Japan like Garden of Sinners and the Rurouni Kenshin BDs are limited to TRSI and Bandai, but the Aniplex of America R1 releases like OreImo, Bacanno BDs, and Blue Exorcist are available at Anime Nation and RACS as well.

Quote:
TRSI doesn't list the UPC so can't be used on it's own, although it looks like the Bandai store does.

But having the UPC from the Bandai Store doesn't help. None of the stores on the list that do list UPCs like Amazon or Barnes and Noble aren't selling Aniplex titles, so the entry can't be created until the wizard recognizes a link that uses UPCs. Or until someone with the power goes over the wizard and forces them in.

It should be noted, though, that Bandai sells stuff through it's Amazon Storefront when release dates pass, so the Gurren Lagann movies, Durarara, and the R.O.D. BD have kind-of-listings on Amazon. We may have to wait for Bandai to add Blue Exorcist (and most likely Madoka) to the storefront before we can add the releases to the Encyclopedia, but it wont be until the release dates in October, January, April, and July. Or wait until some other store/seller buys stock from TRSI or Bandai and put them up on Amazon. Either way, as of right now, we have to wait for Amazon listings for the dominoes to fall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Imports sold directly from Aniplex in Japan like Garden of Sinners and the Rurouni Kenshin BDs are limited to TRSI and Bandai, but the Aniplex of America R1 releases like OreImo, Bacanno BDs, and Blue Exorcist are available at Anime Nation and RACS as well.

TRSI and Bandai Ent are the exclusive distributors until Aniplex of America says otherwise. Bandai Ent. will list the respective listings with their storefront at Amazon.com marketplace once it's in-stock (typically very close to the actual release date).

Anime Nation and RACS are not part of this exclusive distributor group. They would have to order the Aniplex releases from TRSI or Bandai Ent. Once they receive the releases, they will be able to re-sell them. There is a reason why they charge at MSRP (margin) and ship out their orders sometime past the actual release date.
KudouUsagi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote
For Tyrant falls in Love the DramaQueen versions were never released.

Volume 1
Volume 2

DramaQueen had the license and announced they would release the first two volumes but in the end never did. The manga that are available are the DMP version.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I was confused by the second being in stock at Anime Castle, but that store link and the release picture are for something else entirely.

Not something I have access to do anything about.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
So I take it we should add imports?

Yeah, "imports" such as these should be listed. They should be listed with their North American info (ie: SRP and release date) not their Japanese info.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote
KudouUsagi wrote:
For Tyrant falls in Love the DramaQueen versions were never released.

Volume 1
Volume 2

DramaQueen had the license and announced they would release the first two volumes but in the end never did. The manga that are available are the DMP version.

I can change the ISBN and other details, but not, in this case, the publisher. Someone with higher permissions is needed. Sad
Takeyo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote
* The second collection of ADV's Nadia re-release could stand to be retitled to conform with the previous set:

Nadia - Secret of the Blue Water TV Series Collection 1
Nadia - Collection 2

* Sound of the Sky (Sora no Woto) is listed as a, "Hybrid DVD." It is actually a Sub-only DVD set.

* Discotek's Project A-Ko: Remastered Special Collector's Edition is a standalone release, but it's listed as, "Hybrid DVD 1." Should the volume number be removed?
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
* The second collection of ADV's Nadia re-release could stand to be retitled to conform with the previous set:

Nadia - Secret of the Blue Water TV Series Collection 1
Nadia - Collection 2

* Sound of the Sky (Sora no Woto) is listed as a, "Hybrid DVD." It is actually a Sub-only DVD set.

* Discotek's Project A-Ko: Remastered Special Collector's Edition is a standalone release, but it's listed as, "Hybrid DVD 1." Should the volume number be removed?

All done—by someone else before I could.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:01 am Reply with quote
I did the first three and marked it [done] but it looks like he sneaked another one Wink
Takeyo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:15 am Reply with quote
A-ko doesn't sneak. She plows through everything in her path like a runaway locomotive! Wink

Guess I should have used an Edit tag, but since it had just been a few minutes since I first posted, figured I was safe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 43