• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - The Idolmeister

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I compared a couple episodes on Blu-ray to the old DVD release. Watching the old DVDs in 16:9 didn't cause any aspect ratio problems like it does with older shows.
Okay, I'm a little confused by this. Why would watching DVD releases of older shows in 16:9 cause aspect ratio problems, assuming the shows were made in 16:9 (and not letterboxed) to begin with?

Though if you're talking about taking 4:3 shows and stretching them to 16:9, I guess that's a different matter.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Murder She wrote:

headless male protagonist (he's not a dullahane

dullahan

rti9 wrote:
Michi wrote:
I don't know how appealing the series would be to someone with zero interest in IM@S as a franchise, but I guess... well, now I know. Hahaha.

I never played the games, but I really like the Idolm@ster TV series until now. While reading Erin's review, it sort of seems that one of the problems is the view of what an idol is supposed to be.

Heh, here's what I said way back when before the first TV series: Laughing
Quote:
This 2-min clip pretty much sums up why it's now an anime: Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ClTxoNusns&NR=1
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote
This review makes me want to watch Uta no Prince-Sama JUST for the NicoNico commentary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Anymouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote
You don't understand. The Idolm@#$ter is a cinematic masterpiece along the lines of Dark Passage.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Soul Eater did have a great soundtrack. Even the bgm and fight music was very noticeable to me in the show. I watched the series on Netflix, but I will probably buy it out of support. There are many soundtracks to the show to pick up; totally worth it.

I really hope that they remake the series and keep it closer to the manga. I felt like it declined in quality around the time it broke off. I mean it was done by Bones who did FMA, who had a very similar story with the making. Also what is the deal with Soul Eater: Repeat Show? I have never heard of a show being rebroadcast with a new op and closing for no reason. I hope they announce something at the end. Repeat show is still going right? I haven't been able to find much about it.
domino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm enjoying Idolm@ster. The animation is nice and it's a lot less offensive than anything else I've seen in the genre. It's a good way to shut my brain off for the day.

But I think Uta no Prince-sama is the most fun I've had with anime all year -- all because of the niconico.com commentary. Each new episode is the highlight of my week and every single episode has left me crying with laughter. The show is inherently ridiculous and knows it and the commentary goes with the flow and the result is absolutely glorious.

A quick link to the Uta no Princesama official streaming channel on niconico.com, for the curious: http://ch.niconico.com/channel/ch60035
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
I really hope that they remake the series and keep it closer to the manga. I felt like it declined in quality around the time it broke off. I mean it was done by Bones who did FMA, who had a very similar story with the making. Also what is the deal with Soul Eater: Repeat Show? I have never heard of a show being rebroadcast with a new op and closing for no reason. I hope they announce something at the end. Repeat show is still going right? I haven't been able to find much about it.

Soul Eater is a decently popular show, and more than likely it's to see if there's enough interested to perhaps give it a Brotherhood treatment. Kenshin did something similar with that PSP game they released.
karenai_hana

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:21 am Reply with quote
I agree with domino on Uta no Prince-sama. I look forward to it on Nico Nico every week. I wait for the comments to accumulate during the week and then watch it late in the week. Episodes 5 and 6 are a blast. The show is just perfect for Nico Nico.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
Very nice collection.

One question to anyone...In one photo (image 8661), Clannad and Hellsing Ultimate are in the upper right portion, and immediately to the right of Hellsing Ultimate is a box image of two girls, with the girl on the left carrying a sword. I know it's not part of the Blood franchise. I was just wondering what series it was.
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:37 am Reply with quote
I think it's Blood-C that was really saved by the Niconico comments, I probably would've dropped it were it not for the made up conversations during the slow parts.

Being someone who actually managed to slog through the incredibly slow 2nd season of Angelique Abyss I probably would've watched Uta-pri regardless but the comments are certainly icing on the cake. The nice animation and character designs also helped...though I still don't get why Togainu no Chi had such QUALITY issues coming from the same studio and the same character designer T-T.

I think my favourite theory about Haruka's eyes is still Mountain Dew overdose Very Happy
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
One question to anyone...In one photo (image 8661), Clannad and Hellsing Ultimate are in the upper right portion, and immediately to the right of Hellsing Ultimate is a box image of two girls, with the girl on the left carrying a sword. I know it's not part of the Blood franchise. I was just wondering what series it was.

That's the Tenjou Tenge art box I'm pretty sure. The girl on the right looks a lot like Maya at least, and the left could be Aya just with darker hair.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:14 am Reply with quote
Ao no Exorcist has been going downhill with the past few episodes. It's strayed off the manga story and has been going on an original path, despite only having a few episodes left in the season. The manga is MUCH better and I HIGHLY recommend it.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:30 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
GhostShell wrote:

That's the Tenjou Tenge art box I'm pretty sure. The girl on the right looks a lot like Maya at least, and the left could be Aya just with darker hair.

It most certainly is.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
GhostShell wrote:

It most certainly is.

Thanks, Megiddo and Big Hed. Much appreciated.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:59 am Reply with quote
So after reading this I gave Uta no Prince Sama a try on NicoNico, and I'm kinda addicted to it now, if only for the glorious comments. And now I'm going to be looking forward to shows being streamed over there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5