• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wolfs Rain question

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inuyasharox4ever

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
ok, so Adult Swim has the series (episode 1 - 26) and they have been released onto DVD here in the states. Any idea if the final episodes (the 4 episode OAV series) will be released as well considering it is the ending of Wolfs Rain either to Adult Swim or onto DVD (I am a dub fan so I was wondering if they had been dubbed as well) any info or rumors would be great! Thanks!

P.S. - Yes I already checked the encyclopedia and could not find any info on an English dub of the OAV
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Inuyasharox4ever wrote:
ok, so Adult Swim has the series (episode 1 - 26) and they have been released onto DVD here in the states. Any idea if the final episodes (the 4 episode OAV series) will be released as well considering it is the ending of Wolfs Rain either to Adult Swim or onto DVD (I am a dub fan so I was wondering if they had been dubbed as well) any info or rumors would be great! Thanks!

The box has space for 7 DVDs, I remember discussing this a while back and hearing the OAV episodes to be either included as extras, on various volumes, or on a volume all on their own (the last one, I think). Either that, or Bandai is doing weird things with the TV series in terms of the episode count per disc.

Quote:
P.S. - Yes I already checked the encyclopedia and could not find any info on an English dub of the OAV

Uh.. looking at it right now, I notice they have the main characters credited already Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop with the same actors/actresses as in the TV series dub. So that probably means they will be dubbed, which in my opinion, is a pretty good one to start with.
Tiresias

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote
The CN run of Wolf's Rain actually included the 4 OAV in the run. During the original Japanese airing, episodes 16-19 (IIRC) were "filler" episodes, this actually kinda ticked people off when it was being fansubbed as it started to seem that they would never put out fresh episodes as the filler episodes were just scenese from the previous 15 episodes. When they aired on CN, they took out those 4 filler episodes and tacked the 4 OAV episodes onto the end.

From what I understand of the DVD release, they are releasing onto DVD what was aired on CN in the first 6 discs, and the 7th disc is supposed to contain the 4 filler episodes. So what you saw on CN, was the final ending of the series.
Tiresias

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Dang double post.
p8nt junky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Tiresias wrote:
From what I understand of the DVD release, they are releasing onto DVD what was aired on CN in the first 6 discs, and the 7th disc is supposed to contain the 4 filler episodes. So what you saw on CN, was the final ending of the series.

Actually, from looking at my Wolfs Rain collection on my shelf, the four "Flashback" episodes are put into volume 4 which takes you from Episode 15 to 18. If they put 4 episodes apiece on the next 3 volumes they will have crammed all 30 into the box including the WASTE OF TIME flashback ones.

as near as i can tell at least Very Happy
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little confused here. so the last 4 episodes, as aired on CN, were the last 4 from the OVA? so what were they aired in place of? or was the ending only in the OVA?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tiresias

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Yes, they were aired at the end of the series (ie. the last four episodes) even though CN only showed 26 episodes. What they did was leave out the 4 filler episodes, as they were really nothing more than snippets of the previous episodes.

And as I was corrected, the DVD release has put the 4 fillers in their original position, and the last 4 episodes (the OAV ones) will be on the last disc. So, discs 1,2,3,5,6,7 will have all the episodes that aired on CN, and disc 4 has the filler episodes that weren't aired on CN.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
thanks, that clears it up somewhat, but what was the ending that would have aired if CN hadn't used the OVA episodes? or were the 4 filler episodes the ending?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:56 pm Reply with quote
The four filler episodes omitted were recap episodes running from around episode 15 to episode 18. They provided nothing to the story whatsoever. The last episode of the TV series was the one where spoiler[Kiba & Darcia kill Jagura.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
biliano*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
The four filler episodes omitted were recap episodes running from around episode 15 to episode 18.

To add what Nagisa posted, the reason why there were 4 recap episodes was because in the middle of its Japanese run in 2002, the SARS outbreak hit Asia. While those infected with SARS were recovering, Studio BONES decided not to show new episodes until those infected with SARS made a full recovery. During the outbreak, they aired the recap episodes. It might have been a pain for fansubbers, but given the situation, you see why BONES did what they did.

As Tiresias mentioned, the OVA will be on the 7th volume, in which Bandai will release in either May or June.
p8nt junky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:57 am Reply with quote
How nice of them, making sure the sick people wouldn't miss anything important Very Happy Laughing Razz Twisted Evil
ganzo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:12 am Reply with quote
Inuyasharox4ever wrote:

I am not going to say nothing about this series, but 26 episode is about right, since the one I finished was 30 episode with 4 episode of recap(or some sort of thing that did the first half of the story again in a compressed way, maybe its ova?)
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:36 pm Reply with quote
nagisa and biliano - I get it now, thanks
biliano*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:
nagisa and biliano - I get it now, thanks

You're welcome Very Happy
ganzo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:21 pm Reply with quote
aha so its sars
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2