• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Animal Land GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I've been curious about this series for a while now. Judging from the covers of the next few volumes, I like the art. I really like the look of that giant cat. And I remember enjoying the Zatch Bell anime quite a bit, so this could be fun too. spoiler[Going by the covers, it looks like the series might change direction a bit, since they show the baby grown up(as a kid) and other human kids]. I think I'll pick it up this week.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 am Reply with quote
I'm glad! I was a bit afraid that the cover art or plot synopsis would scare people off, thinking it was just a story for little kids. It's been one of the best manga surprises I've had recently.

(Plus the author's dog looks a lot like one of my dogs and even has a similar history. I'm a sucker for that.) Wink
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quote
i'd completely forgotten about this series but your review has really piqued my interest in it... I'll be sure to check it out now!
Lady_Hydrangea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote
Thanks for reviewing this manga. I've seen it in stores but hadn't picked it up because the cover looked too cutesy, even for me. But after reading this review, I have to admit that the story sounds intriguing and worth checking out.

Quote:
One of the most interesting aspects of the story's world is the way that different species of animals cannot communicate with each other. Monoko explains that they all have “different cries;” that is, they all make different sounds.

Hee, makes me think of All Dogs Go To Heaven. I think the animals in that movie couldn't communicate between species either, but the little human girl could. But, yeah, other than that, all other fictional works featuring talking animals let them speak between species. Another reason this manga may be worth picking up Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1