• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Online Store (sales & rentals) Reviews/Feedbacks

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Their minimum for books, DVDs, and CDs is $25 like Amazon. Also like Amazon, only the items they themselves sell qualify for free shipping, so you should make sure you're not buying from third party stores if you want free shipping. To make sure you're buying from Buy.com it'll tell you under the "Add to Cart" button; it'll say "Ships from and sold by Buy.com". If you want to read the fine print about the specifics of shipping, click here and then click the "click here" button next to the truck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Anyone ever used this site?
http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/index.php
Some of their figures are quite cheap. Probably the cheapest I've seen.
Ichiron47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I think I give up, because it passed the 4-14 days deadline, and tomorrow will be the 4th week since I ordered Witchblade from DVD Pacific. NEVER again I'm ordering from that site. I'm just going to stick with Rightstuf.com, because it only takes a week for my order to arrive from them, and they are more trustworthy than any site I've seen (plus they have lots of stuff, and some are cheap).
Ichiron47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Never mind my Witchblade came today. FINALLY!!! I can't believe it took 4 weeks for it to arrive. Now I'm happy! Very Happy But NEVER again I'm ordering from DVD Pacific. =_=
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote
While TRSI is great for anime DVDs, CDJapan is my #1 place to buy anime soundtracks. Not only do they typically have a good selection, but from my experience their customer care is super. Once a representative even fished out some CDs in their warehouse I wanted that they had recently stopped carrying, because I had ordered them before but there was a credit card issue with my order. They've really come through for me, and their shipping is excellent too. The items have arrived quickly for me even with the less expensive shipping options, and the items are in mint condition upon arrive. Go CDJapan!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kimbeey13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
I was thinking of purchasing somethings from Toylet and was wondering if anyone has every used them before? Are they a good seller?
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 pm Reply with quote
kimbeey13 wrote:
I was thinking of purchasing somethings from Toylet and was wondering if anyone has every used them before? Are they a good seller?

i've bought from them before, they have issues with having the stuff on their website being actually in stock. But they give out coupons for the inconvenience.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:37 am Reply with quote
Has anyone ordered from Book Depository before? I've heard good things about them, but my order is still listed as "processing" while the order I placed at Alibris the same day has all shipped out. Is it normal for BD to have such a long "processing" period? I'd really like my German manga here!
poonk

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:36 am Reply with quote
kimbeey13 wrote:
I'm really curious about Toylet too because they have 2 figures I'm wanting for about $10 less each than I've see elsewhere. That name, though... it doesn't exactly inspire confidence, you know?

classicalzawa wrote:
Has anyone ordered from Book Depository before? I've heard good things about them, but my order is still listed as "processing" while the order I placed at Alibris the same day has all shipped out. Is it normal for BD to have such a long "processing" period? I'd really like my German manga here!
I'm pretty sure I've gotten at least a few manga from them via the Amazon Marketplace with no exceptionally long delays or other problems. I had no idea they sold German manga too, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quote
They shipped it, they were just being a bit slow on it. I ordered 4 packages that day basically, two shipped the next day, the third the next, and finall BD like two days after that. So long as I get my Adolf Band 1: Mord in berlin, I'm good! Cus there is no other way I'm going to be able to own that particular volume. Well in a way that I can read it.
Fedpo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little confused about the Anime Depot website. How do you know if something is in stock? Actually, I've had this problem with a few sites. I just don't want to order something OOP only to have it backordered.
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I just had a less than stellar experience with SourceMedia, on Amazon. They advertised that they had a Chobits artbox, complete with stationery set. I've been looking for an artbox and the price was reasonable so I ordered it. The artbox itself is in very good condition, which is a good thing, but the stationery set is missing, and the way it was packed for shipping was very bad.

The box was big enough for six artbox sets and the padding consisted of an eighteen inch piece of that air-pillow cushioning stuff, nowhere near enough to fill the box. The artbox was free to rattle from front to back, side to side, and top bottom. It's a wonder it wasn't damaged during shipment.

When I complained I got a response from Amazon offering a 40% refund, which I accepted, but I've not heard a word from SourceMedia.

False advertising and no customer service means that I won't do business with them again.
Pages

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm comparing my options for buying the Angel Beats CD Crow Song. After scanning this topic, I searched some sites and found it at both CDJapan and YesAsia. Is one better than the other? Personally, I'm leaning towards YesAsia because I think their shipping is a little cheaper.

I also recently ordered some Hetalia merchandise, from Anime Wild using Amazon. I ordered them on September 6th and the delivery estimate is the 12th-15th. Yet the order is still marked as "Shipping Soon". Hmmmm...

Oh, and to end my incredibly long buying post, I just was wondering if anyone ever used Anime Castle? I haven't, but while browsing their site a little while back, I noticed a couple things that look... off. Mainly their Kingdom Hearts wall scrolls. One looks like a cheap edit of a different poster. And there is a wall scroll that is the same as a Deviantart user's work. However, I know that several people have commented on the work saying they bought it as a scroll in various places, and I don't think the artist has responded. Anyway, any thoughts?

Last edited by Pages on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 am Reply with quote
Generally, I'm not one to berate our online shops for their markup in the figures department as it's a necessary trade-off considering the DVD losses they deal with in terms of margins.
Yes, we figure buyers are subsidizing DVD purchases.

However, I will waste no time calling out bullshit pricing when I see it and today's call out belongs to Robert's Anime Corner Store for their 1:6 Rachel Alucard figure (mislabled as 1:4). The asking price is a mind-boggling $239.

Let's compare to Hobby Search at $142.

Now to AmiAmi at $108.

Hobby Link Japan had it at $159.

Hobby Fan, one of the more pricier places to obtain figures, gets their ass handed to them since their price is only $160.
Better luck next time, Hobby Fan.

I had thought about writing to customer service, but decided against it. No matter how angry I am at this price of the figure, truth be told the rest are pretty much where I expect them to be.

I am seeing an increase creep in prices, but this is most likely due to the power of the Yen against the dollar right now.
So much for our advantage, fellow collector

However, this is not a justifiable reason to markup a price like this and it's inexcusable. Anyone paying this asking price is, indeed, a fool parted of their money.
hamster428

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:25 am Reply with quote
Pages wrote:
I'm comparing my options for buying the Angel Beats CD Crow Song. After scanning this topic, I searched some sites and found it at both CDJapan and YesAsia. Is one better than the other? Personally, I'm leaning towards YesAsia because I think their shipping is a little cheaper.

They're both legit as far as I know. The only difference is you'll get your CD shipped from Japan in one case and from Hong Kong in the other case. I've dealt with Yesasia many times and have always gotten my stuff.

Quote:

Oh, and to end my incredibly long buying post, I just was wondering if anyone ever used Anime Castle? I haven't, but while browsing their site a little while back, I noticed a couple things that look... off. Mainly their Kingdom Hearts wall scrolls. One looks like a cheap edit of a different poster. And there is a wall scroll that is the same as a Deviantart user's work. However, I know that several people have commented on the work saying they bought it as a scroll in various places, and I don't think the artist has responded. Anyway, any thoughts?

I might have gotten a Juvenile Orion poster from them years ago. I dunno how wall scrolls work, like if authenticity is a big deal as figures, but I wouldn't be surprised if Chinese-made ones (like not commissioned by Japanese companies) are in the market.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 29