• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Knightly Virtues

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
As for games that Square Enix really is making, a revamp of Final Fantasy X is headed to the PlayStation 3 and Vita, presumably with HD visual quality and other minor enhancements. Yes, that's Final Fantasy X, and not Final Fantasy VII, a.k.a. The Final Fantasy That Fans Want Remade.

Well, it's that the game was remade. It's the same but in high definition form. Nevertheless, X was awesome. X-2 is another story that I don't wanna talk about... Rolling Eyes
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote
I think it's that, since Sony dropped PS2-compatibility for the PS3, you can't play FF X or FF XII on the current generation of hardware. FF VII is downloadable from the PlayStation Network as a PS1 game, and seems to be playable on the PS3. I wish they had re-printed it on disc, though.
humantyphoon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:29 am Reply with quote
Are they really remaking FF X or is it just being ported with higher resolution? Love the game. but does it really need a remake? I want to see FF VI on PS3. FF IX would be cool too.
crazychild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:19 am Reply with quote
America still has 4 angry Kirbys as opposed to Japan's 1.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of surprised that the WKnC came out with a sequel considering how long the first one took to come out.

Persona 4 fighter looks good. I wonder if there are shots of gameplay up. Really want to see this.

They're making a FF-XIII-3? Oh c'mon Square what the hell is up with you. That's it I'm done. I understand that it's there biggest franchise but now it seems like it's their crutch now. However I'll still keep looking. The only FF game I'm waiting to hear more about is the rhythm game. Glad to see the Akihiko again. Didn't realize that this was his art. His style is really changing up these days but it's still him.

Looking to add P2:IS to my collection. I may have to recommend OTOMEDIUS EXCELLENT to our collection. I'm sure someone could get some more ideas about designing shooters. Ah Mine.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Persona 4 Mayonaka: Tracey Rooney was a terrible Chie, and she was god awful as Miko in Cross Edge. The woman needs to stay away from voice acting! They should replace her with my choice for both Chie and Miko: Natalie Lander. She was amazing as Kisala in Rogue Galaxy, and she'd be amazing as Chie. As for the game itself, the idea itself will probably have us Persona crazies scrambling to enjoy it. I still want to see what Yukiko can do though.

FFX Revamp: Huh, so they're really going through with this. I question SE's decision-making here.

Harvest Moon DS: Haha, glad to see someone still remembers Pocky and Rocky. Anime hyper

Kirby Mass Attack: Regardless of America's incredibly brain-dead scheme of putting angry Kirbys on covers, this game looks like loads of fun. There's even a Kirby RPG among the minigames, a genre he himself has never touched upon. I'm hoping for a full blown Kirby RPG in the future, rather than just a minigame next time.

Persona 2 Innocent Sin: Let's face it, those of us who are Persona freaks want and need this game. It might be a bit behind in terms of gameplay, but its sequel Eternal Punishment was lauded as one of the very best PS1 RPGs of its time. Not getting Innocent Sin was a sin in and of itself. Besides those of us who were confused at the references made in EP have to play this.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
FFX Revamp: Huh, so they're really going through with this. I question SE's decision-making here.

Sounds like it's just an HD-rerelease, just like God of War, Ico/SotC, Metal Gear, and Silent Hill.

Personally if this means it'll have trophy support and we'll be able to get the International version (because what other versionwill they use?) I'm all for it.
skullocrasher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I want to see FF VI on PS3. FF IX would be cool too.

Personally, I can't really understand this sentiment. Both games are (or will be, depending on region) on the PSN, and even if Square got into the idea of remaking them, it seems likely that a significant fraction of fans of the originals would take issue with the way it was done.

Still, if you want to see it happen, supporting X's release could hardly hurt their interest in remaking their other mainline FFs.
TheRoyalFamily

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
So, a Harvest Moon with quests and dates and stuff? Might be cool. Though I still am wary about the in-game artwork - in previous games, it looked like you were wooing five-year-olds. I'll look out for that one.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Otomedius is very much a Gradius game built for modern hardware: though it's 3-D in appearances.

So, it's Trouble Witches Neo rebooted.

Quote:
It's a 2-D shooter much like Gradius, but all of the player's avatars are big-eyed, revealingly clad heroines...

Sold.

Just kidding. I'll wait for this one to be stamped with "800 Microsoft Points" before I save it to my hard drive.
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
belvadeer wrote:

Sounds like it's just an HD-rerelease, just like God of War, Ico/SotC, Metal Gear, and Silent Hill.

Personally if this means it'll have trophy support and we'll be able to get the International version (because what other versionwill they use?) I'm all for it.

Actually, the International version is almost the same as the European which I played. The two notable differences were levelling up more freely and a group super boss who appeared to suffer from a Sephiroth or SNK boss syndrome (really hard fights)
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Harvest Moon DS: The Tale of Two Towns is only being released on the Nintendo DS. The Nintendo 3DS Version was pushed back to at least an October 10 2011 release date.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Quote:
Otomedius is very much a Gradius game built for modern hardware: though it's 3-D in appearances.

So, it's Trouble Witches Neo rebooted.

Quote:
It's a 2-D shooter much like Gradius, but all of the player's avatars are big-eyed, revealingly clad heroines...

Sold.

Just kidding. I'll wait for this one to be stamped with "800 Microsoft Points" before I save it to my hard drive.

You do know that Otomedius will be a physical disc release, right? It won't ever be seeing a price point of 800 MPs.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
You do know that Otomedius will be a physical disc release, right? It won't ever be seeing a price point of 800 MPs.

Initially, yes, but this doesn't mean the title won't be available on XBL. Several games I've purchased have physical disks as well.

As for the 800 pts, yeah, wishful thinking. It would be more accurate to say 1200. Razz
gerbilx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Hey man, in the original Dragon Warrior Monsters games, the monsters followed you because they chose to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2