• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Embassy of Japan to Show Welcome to the Space Show in D.C.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The American Average

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote

really the US Embassy
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Err, OK, I guess there are worse things they could be showing, but there are also far better. The movie was kinda boring for a space adventure and some of the characters, especially Pochi were a little disturbing for a kid's movie.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Disturbing? I'll say. It felt like he was just straight up abducting the children, and not in a cute alien way, but the creepy psychopath way with promises of fun and adventure. And then there's the child nudity...
Anymouse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Don't be hating on Taraku Uon, man. He just really loves the fictional child characters he designs. Rolling Eyes

I haven't watched this movie, but it sounds a bit less disturbing than some of the pencil boards he has done.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Disturbing? I'll say. It felt like he was just straight up abducting the children, and not in a cute alien way, but the creepy psychopath way with promises of fun and adventure. And then there's the child nudity...

That, and Pochi being a not-so-secret pedophile. Universe full of characters and he's constantly hitting on the youngest girl. He may look like a dog, but he's still an adult, and a teacher at that. He was definitely using his dog looks to get close to her.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:07 am Reply with quote
Anymouse wrote:
Don't be hating on Taraku Uon, man. He just really loves the fictional child characters he designs.

He didn't work on Welcome to the Space Show, though. Masashi Ishihama is the character designer, and unlike R.O.D and Kamichu he wasn't adapting Uon's designs as far as I know.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
He didn't? I made assumption. Guess I shouldn't have.
Maybe this movie isn't really that bad. I will need to see it to find out!
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Manga Entertainment announced its license of the film in July, and a DVD/Blu-ray release is slated for December 5

It'll be a DVD/Blu Ray combo? Terrific! When I heard they were going probably do Blu Ray only release, I was worried granted I've yet to upgrade to Blu Ray. No matter what the critics say, I really enjoyed myself watching this at Otakon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1