• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent on Adult Swim

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness©

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote
YAY!

This is really good News. I've been waiting for AS to get Samurai Champloo, And I haven't seen Paranoia Agent yet.

I hope the dub track for Champloo is as High-quality as Bebop's, though....but looking at the dubs they have out right now, I don't think that'll be a problem.
dustopants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote
wow! this is really good news!! i love samurai champloo, and I also love parinioa agent, I can't wait to hear the dub, and see the rest of both series, but the summer is so far away... o well, guess i'll have to keep myself busy with ghost in the shell and full metal alchemist Anime smile
adult swim is back on the map with it's anime...
hym

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Both are great and excel in animation quality but i never dared to expect Paranoia Agent on Cartoon Network. Somebody there is really pushing adult swim in the right direction. If only their European devisions would do the same.

The dub of both is above standard, still not talking Disney/Ghibli here but not annoying in any way although i only seen the dubbed episodes of 3 dvds but I'm confident this quality will go on.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:12 pm Reply with quote
This was already known for a few days now, but it's nice to hear it officially. Read this thread for more thoughts.

And for those of you who haven't seen much on the U.S. of release of Champloo on DVD already, here's a thread for that as well.

If you're too lazy to look at it, I'll just say I like the dub, but still prefer it in Japanese. The only thing I don't like is Jin's voice, but everyone else sounds great, Steven Blum (aka Spike from Cowboy Bebop for those of you unfamiliar with the name) is one of the lead characters, so if you like him, yay for you.

I haven't heard Paranoia Agent's dub yet, so there ya' go.
cubs2084

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see Paranoia Agent destroy the minds of the people who watch Adult Swim. And I don't care about Samurai Champloo, as I've never seen it. I haven't heard good things about it.

I actually like that they're showing Paranoia Agent. It shows that they're branching out, and gives me hope that they'll show Monster when it's licensed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blues of Hadal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Yea there were alot of people saying adult swim would never air something like paranoia
i'm glad to see that going there
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:39 am Reply with quote
cubs2084 wrote:
And I don't care about Samurai Champloo, as I've never seen it. I haven't heard good things about it.

Go visit the anime forum once in a while.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:36 pm Reply with quote
cubs2084 wrote:
I can't wait to see Paranoia Agent destroy the minds of the people who watch Adult Swim. And I don't care about Samurai Champloo, as I've never seen it. I haven't heard good things about it.

I actually like that they're showing Paranoia Agent. It shows that they're branching out, and gives me hope that they'll show Monster when it's licensed.

A bit closeminded there, are we? =/

As for the dub track of Champloo, I don't often listen to the dub tracks for more than a few mins, and usually just to get an idea for the sound. However, Champloo has a pretty good dub track as far as I'm concerned. As good quality as most of the stuff on AS anyway.

Good decisions. They'll probably really hit on the "By the makers of Cowboy Bebop" stuff for advertising though. Oh well. I guess it's not bad or anything. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hkrok76

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:27 am Reply with quote
Wolf's Rain was also from the makers of Cowboy Bebop....Samurai Champloo is directed by the director of Cowboy Bebop. I also don't care about Samurai Champloo. I love Cowboy Bebop, but I don't care too much about Champloo. Now Paranoia Agent on the other hand...that's one of my favorite series of all time. Very nice. Not gonna watch it on adult swim, but I encourage anyone who actually likes dubs to watch it. Then go out and buy the dvds. Afterwards, go and get the soundtrack if they're releasing it. AAAAAAHHAAAHHHAAAHAAOOWAAAAHHAAA
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:03 am Reply with quote
hkrok76 wrote:
Afterwards, go and get the soundtrack if they're releasing it.

Yeah. I've really become more fond of Susumu Hirasawa's music. There's just something very unique about his style and it show's in this OST in particular. I believe Geneon will be releasing it sometime in April Anime smile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1