• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Ikki Tousen Anime to Play in Theaters in November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamhustler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I wanna get that poster and watch that movie
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Be thankful the movie isn't in 3D as the screen would rip apart with the slightest sound reverberation caused by the munching of popcorn.

I have zero desire to see this, or anything else labeled "Ikki Tousen". I don't like my (attempted) story to be drowned out by fanservice to the point no one remembers there was as story.

Having tolerated the first season, "pull my finger" has a whole new mental image with it.

Neutral
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quote
More Ikki Tousen? Why? How? I had a hard time to get through the first episode and I'm genuinely surprised they made so much of this... garbage. I can imagine this sort of anime appealing to someone, but is it truly this popular that they just keep making more? Do they actually make money out of this? Sorry about the rant. I don't like Ikki Tousen.
Mune

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I thought that this was supposed to be another series, not a movie. That's disappointing.

I do, however, like this franchise and am waiting for the dubbed release of Great Guardians next spring. Unfortunately, I think that I'm the only person I know that actually watches this franchise at all. Apparently it is too ecchi for everyone else. At least it doesn't fall under the harem genre. That would make this like every other ecchi series out there.

I'm kind of wondering how this will work out for a theatrical release though...
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 pm Reply with quote
The Ikki Tousen news I'd really like to hear is that someone picked up the manga since Tokyopop is no more. Not gonna happen, but I can always dream.
vega427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I love watching Ikki Tousen, but I'll be the first to admit that it's nothing without the fanservice.
treatment

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Mune wrote:
I thought that this was supposed to be another series, not a movie. That's disappointing.

I do, however, like this franchise and am waiting for the dubbed release of Great Guardians next spring. Unfortunately, I think that I'm the only person I know that actually watches this franchise at all. Apparently it is too ecchi for everyone else. At least it doesn't fall under the harem genre. That would make this like every other ecchi series out there.

I'm kind of wondering how this will work out for a theatrical release though...

nah.

plenty of people watch and own Ikki coz Ikki is just damn so awesome!

it's a very profitable franchise. be it anime, figures, manga, or whatever.

moar Kanu and Mou-chan, please!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1