• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The pool is getting deeper.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 7:03 am Reply with quote
Hearing that more anime is getting added to AS is good news (Too bad I don't have cable because I live out too far from a town and too many dang trees to get a disc system to work right. Evil or Very Mad ). Too bad most of them had it's run (er, were plan to run in PC case.) on Toonami, but much like BeBop, CN will ease up on their digtal pen and bikins. But the question is (once again, I don't have cable for now.) did they can Space Ghost and/or Brak Show. I want to see the Brak Show and the new ep. of SG:CtC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Allen
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:00 am Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:

Hearing that more anime is getting added to AS is good news (Too bad I don't have cable because I live out too far from a town and too many dang trees to get a disc system to work right. :evil: ). Too bad most of them had it's run (er, were plan to run in PC case.) on Toonami, but much like BeBop, CN will ease up on their digtal pen and bikins. But the question is (once again, I don't have cable for now.) did they can Space Ghost and/or Brak Show. I want to see the Brak Show and the new ep. of SG:CtC.

Actually what they've done is create 2 nights of Adult Swim. Saturday night is being billed as Adult Swim Action. It's all Anime: Yu Yu Hakasho, Cowboy Bebop, Candidate for Goddess (Pilot Candidate), Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Outlaw Star and Tenchi. Sunday is Adult Swim Comedy and contains all the previous stuff minus Cowboy Bebop. So Brak and Space Ghost are still there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Boxie wrote:

Actually what they've done is create 2 nights of Adult Swim. Saturday night is being billed as Adult Swim Action. It's all Anime: Yu Yu Hakasho, Cowboy Bebop, Candidate for Goddess (Pilot Candidate), Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Outlaw Star and Tenchi. Sunday is Adult Swim Comedy and contains all the previous stuff minus Cowboy Bebop. So Brak and Space Ghost are still there.

Yu Yu Hakasho is on CN! *Pulls out a rather large chainsaw.* Thanks for the info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Yep! Unfortunately, ALL of the new anime shows are simply stuff that was supposed to be put on Toonami and retain their Y7 ratings and all that.

Bebop is still there, though. That's a good thing. Although putting it alongside lame, pedestrian crap like Pilot Candidate is UTTER BLASPHEMY in my opinion.

Cripes. This is "Adult" Swim, right? Not some kind of Toonami leftover?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dudesup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:08 pm Reply with quote
When did that adult swim block having yyh, gundam and pilot candidate start??
Ramen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:20 pm Reply with quote
dudesup wrote:

When did that adult swim block having yyh, gundam and pilot candidate start??

It started just this week on Saturday.
dudesup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:22 pm Reply with quote
damit, that means i have already missed the first episodes Evil or Very Mad
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:27 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:

Cripes. This is "Adult" Swim, right? Not some kind of Toonami leftover?

I was going to call the subject "CN adds a kiddie end." It pretty sad when CN ops to turn SW in to "Late Night with the Stuff that can be Found at 4." instead of adding another hour to Toonami like they did before. *Shurgs* I rather see the return of the 5 hour Saturday Midnight Run. *L* Mostly because of Robotech.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 7:09 pm Reply with quote
My main problem with this "Adult Swim Action" block is, aside from BeBop and Gundam, it really sucks compared to the normal Adult Swim Comedy block. (No offense to all the YYH fans here, but I'm sure you'll all agree with me that it's a long, drawn-out boys action show that'd fare much better on a weekday afternoon than late at night.) They're also replaying Outlaw Star and Tenchi, two shows that CN has already bled dry.

The other Adult Swim, though, is getting more Harvey Birdman, Don Hertzfeldt's Oscar-nominated Rejected, Sealab, and dozens of other funny, unique, and otherwise interesting shows. The only purpose I can see of putting... ugh... PILOT CANDIDATE on the block is to sate the appetites of those sick, twisted people who've been waiting patiently for it to show up on Toonami for God knows how long.

Here's hoping they find new stuff to replace them soon. How about that Noir, eh, CN? I hear that's pretty good! Or what about Lodoss War or Harlock Saga or the other stuff you're pimping on your high-bandwidth website?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dudesup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Actually, Im happy they are rerunning outlaw star because I couldn't watch it the first time they aired it. I really liked it and yu yu hakusho.
Hagakure

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting a long time to see Gundam 0083, so I was excited to see that it was going to air on tv. I'm still going to buy it on DVD though because I like to hear the characters say "kill" instead of "get you" like they did on Toonami.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1