• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Top Voice Actors Speak Out at London Comic Con

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow, sensationalism much? The phrase "speaking out" commonly implies publicly railing for or against a cause, creating a scene. This blurb does not support its title as it does not say that these actors will be speaking for anything, that they will be leveraging their fame upon an audience in an attempt to sway their fans to their chosen causes.

Instead, it merely states that these actors will be attending this con in London. What a letdown, I was hoping for something interesting to spring up on the con scene. I am disappoint Wink

Quote:
if you are a gamer or anime fan you'll definitely recognise the voices.

Also I must say that the quoted implication in this article is false. I am an anime fan, an avid anime fan, and I've never heard of all of those actors. In a sense, that's a really bad pun. A really bad pun. Groan if you want, but it's better than any Japanese language pun the Japanese have ever come up with, and you know it.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Note to editors or the relevant powers that be...this press release is a double post (ie has been posted twice on the same day).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1