• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zetman Manga to Get TV Anime Next April

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eevaleena

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:39 am Reply with quote
Seriously??? This is awesome! Zetman is my most fav Masazaku Katsura's manga EVER! Will be watching FOR SURE!!! Laughing
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:59 am Reply with quote
I wonder why there's no US licensee trying to acquire the manga. If there's one in the middle of doing so, you've got just five months left to promote and release it before the anime premiere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:08 am Reply with quote
From the creator of I''s, Video Girl Ai, and DNA^2 eh? This certainly seems quite different than what he usually draws.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:43 am Reply with quote
I'm always afraid of things like this happening, because the chances of getting another Blade of the Immortal, Elfen Lied, or Deadman Wonderland are just too high.
AQVXZ11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:35 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm always afraid of things like this happening, because the chances of getting another Blade of the Immortal, Elfen Lied, or Deadman Wonderland are just too high.

Are you talking about the length? If so, that is a concern of mine too.
blackseer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:11 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
From the creator of I''s, Video Girl Ai, and DNA^2 eh? This certainly seems quite different than what he usually draws.

He was always interested in science fiction and super heroes, but since his romance comedies sold well, the publishers never allowed him to go full sci-fi. With the sucess of Tiger & Bunny, I expected them to do an anime of Zetman, but not so fast...

Hopefully, they will try to do a multiple season series and will end the first by the beginning of volume 6.
Keyl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:33 am Reply with quote
With Tiger & Bunny being such a success, it was a matter of time before this would happen, it's awesome .
tetron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
Hopefully its successful lol
Toriko36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I wonder why there's no US licensee trying to acquire the manga. If there's one in the middle of doing so, you've got just five months left to promote and release it before the anime premiere.

Exactly! I must plead guilty to reading the first volume or two via fansubs, but after I read the first 12 or so chapters, I figured there had to be a North American release, but sadly no.

I really hope someone is going to acquire Zetman prior to the launch of the new anime.

We'll just have to wait and see.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote
Zetman is difficult to put on TV without using extreme censorship, because it contains a complex of blood scenes, gore, violence, and erotic spoiler[(this manga have elements of rape, seriously!)], which is comparable with all of this only to Gantz. There are only two options - either on an empty hard censorship TV version with that scenes on DVD\BD or the original start up with the cutting of many important scenes.

In any case, good luck to those who took it over.
blackseer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the staff, I don't feel excited at all anymore.
Ifrit30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
blackseer wrote:
Looking at the staff, I don't feel excited at all anymore.

yeah same here

The cover looks good though. I hope they don't screw it up.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I hope this is good, Zetman is awesome. I still need to catch up on the manga.
zeta kira

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quote
BEST F***ing news I have heard this past year. Damn, its been far too long. Hopefully this is a sign of the manga coming over possibly. I can use Zetman on my shelf along with I"s and Video Girl Ai.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Zetman is difficult to put on TV without using extreme censorship, because it contains a complex of blood scenes, gore, violence, and erotic spoiler[(this manga have elements of rape, seriously!)], which is comparable with all of this only to Gantz. There are only two options - either on an empty hard censorship TV version with that scenes on DVD\BD or the original start up with the cutting of many important scenes.

In any case, good luck to those who took it over.

It'll either cut down the violence or somehow make it cartoony and uninteresting. Most of these violent manga just cannot get good anime made for some reason or another. And length is a great concern, since 1-cour shows are the trend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2