• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
X^2 and other Music Videos?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:44 pm Reply with quote
(moved in part from the General forum)

Case wrote:
While we're on this subject... How many people here are familiar with the X^2 music video collection thingie that they released in Japan a few years ago?

Was it a collection of videos? I only recall ever seeing one music video, which was Blueblood (iirc)..

It's a little different than CLAMPs "Wish", as Wish consists of a manga and a music video (ie; the entire video was done specifically for the theme).. whereas the X video(s) is (are) compilations of X footage played to X Japan's music (or so I recall)...

Howabout the Ranma music videos? I know at least -some- of the animation for them was original, but I'm not sure how much.

If it's mostly original, then that might be a good reason to include it in the Encyclopedia... but if it's mostly re-used animation, then there's nothing special about it and it should be excluded.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Case

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:45 am Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
Was it a collection of videos? I only recall ever seeing one music video, which was Blueblood (iirc)..

I've not seen the whole thing myself, just part of it (which I'm told is the finale), but according to what I've read it seems to be a collection of still concept artwork put to X Japan music, capped off by a completely original animated music video put to X (Hymne du groupe).

That last part, at least, is definitely completely original. The artwork is totally different from that of both the movie and the TV series. (It's even grittier and less colorful than the movie artwork, if you can picture that.)

I think can show you, if you'd like to see for yourself. I cannot speak for the rest, though, as again I have not actually seen the video itself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1