• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Advertisement for U.K. Dragonball Z DVD Box-Set, Boxing Day Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rivnam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
erm...blurays?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote
Since Manga have said they won't release BDs for any multipart releases, it is highly unlikely, especially for something as long as this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote
Plus FUNi's sets have been confirmed to being Regions A & B so you could always import them.
Truered

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Too late for me now. There were some rumours about this a few weeks back but they came out and said nope. So I chose to import the DBZ Kai blu-rays from the US.
SetoChaos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Manga says it's fake. That doesn't explain the ebook though...

http://twitter.com/#!/MangaUK/status/128892270064844800
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote
The tweet that was replying to does not mention the eBook.
If Manga aren't ready to announce it yet then of course they are going to deny it, especially if they think it is just a rumour.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SetoChaos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I've asked them about that too, no response yet.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:23 am Reply with quote
Looks like Manga are still in Egypt, aye? Because they sure like being in DE-NILE!

Seriously though, the advert is out, the cat is out of the bag, there's no getting the genie back in the bottle, just admit you're actually releasing something good Manga. Lord knows you love to wax lyrical about the worst the anime industry has to pap out (Vampire Bund and Strike Witches).
VegettoEX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:58 am Reply with quote
Manga UK's responses via Twitter have been laughably rude to their potential customers, particularly back with the lovely "Love how u guys add 1 and 1 and get 3." comment. UK fans have been salivating for a legit, non-"Big Green" (look it up, kids!) release over there, and this is what they're being met with?

Shiroi Hane wrote:
If Manga aren't ready to announce it yet then of course they are going to deny it, especially if they think it is just a rumour.

There's a way to handle it, and then there's this. A great example was the end of 2006 when the upcoming "season sets" (the release the UK is seemingly getting, somewhat ironically enough) started leaking out, right during the silent-canceling of the "Ultimate Uncut Edition" of DBZ. Rather than berate the fans or flat-out lie to them, FUNimation's position was a firm but polite, "We have nothing to announce right now. Stay tuned in the first quarter 2007 for some really exciting things coming your way."

They didn't beat around the bush too much, they didn't try to put the multitude of escaped feral cats back in the bag, and they left their fans (read: customers) with something resembling hope.

Of course, we got the orange bricks out of it... but hey, it sounds like it helped fund the Dragon Boxes... Razz.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
Indeed, Manga need but utter 10 magical words to make this problem go away;
"We have nothing to confirm or deny at this time."

But no, calling your customers (your customers!) morons is going to win you fans in the Fist of the North Star future where economical mohawck'd biker gangs are killing the finances of the peoples, ainnit?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1