• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - SH Figuarts Wild Tiger

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
This looks awesome!!! and out of my price range Sad
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I never watched T/B. The cg was a big turnoff for me, and I'm not too into the whole superhero thing. Maybe some day...
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm not as crazy about the big figurines but I saw a cute chibi version of Dragon Kid (maybe a Nendroid?) that I adore, wish I could get it but I just can't justify buying figurines right now.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I personally though the CG in T&B was done very well. I barely noticed it.

You can win this figure from ANN if you enter there Build Your Own Hero Contest. Thats assuming you win the contest. The deadline for submissions is November 5, at 11:59 EDT.
Thunder-Break

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
It was $60 on Friday at the Bluefin Booth. I'm rather saddened that they did not have my first choice, but I guess that GARO was just too badass to have in stock.

I truly hate the Good Luck mode accessory. I was hoping that it would look at least somewhat interesting, but every time I tried to pose it, the figure would tilt, or rotate around the shoulder joint to the point that the fist would point towards the ground.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote
The last picture made me giggle. Good to know we have a tokusatsu fan helming the column. x3

The whole dodgy CG, exaggerated movement thing didn't bother me. This is unlikely to have been the case, but I think with this show was an homage to American capes and cowls comics, the power suit bits were winking and nodding to the tokusatsu genre.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Interestingly, the New York Comic Con / Anime Festival also had a Mattel collectibles panel where they went into details exactly what goes on into making these things in the industry and why they are so expensive. After hearing those explanations, I'm less surprised at the prices. Laughing
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quote
*Puts on helmet to prepare for another mass website crash when Sky High comes out tomorrow*
sepherest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
I'm not as crazy about the big figurines but I saw a cute chibi version of Dragon Kid (maybe a Nendroid?) that I adore, wish I could get it but I just can't justify buying figurines right now.

You either saw the Dragon Kid from the Deformeister Puchi set or a custom Nendo.

I thought about getting the SH Figuarts Tiger for a while, but if I did get him it really would've been impulse buying. (IMO)There isn't enough extra stuff on him to be worth paying that much for, plus it's nearly impossible to move his head around. Since it was mentioned at NYCC that they'd be bringing the figuarts over in the US as T&B merchandise I'm hoping that the price will be brought down a tad, too.
wayne-kun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Want Fourze figuart so bad. Wild tiger is awesome and all. and its near the top of the list. But I cant wait to get a Fourze.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear he's worth the money, though (and this may be telling) I don't think $75 is that crazy. Laughing I thought about picking him up-- not that I would've had much of a chance, as I don't have time to stalk websites-- but decided that, honestly, the armor suits don't really do it for me in figure form. So instead I opted for his Figuarts ZERO streetclothes version which, when all was said & done (it's an exclusive so I had to go through a proxy service), came out to $78 too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1