• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy 0, Idolm@ster 2 PS3 Sell 472,253 & 65,512 (Updated)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MLK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Good numbers for Imas2 overall, although I kinda hoped it would get to 80-90k.

Is there no way of knowing how many of those 65k copies were from the anime bundle?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:12 pm Reply with quote
And I'm proud to say I'm one of the people who bought PS3 Idolm@ster. I guess the reason it doesn't have SUPER high numbers is because it's a port.
consignia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
And I'm proud to say I'm one of the people who bought PS3 Idolm@ster. I guess the reason it doesn't have SUPER high numbers is because it's a port.

Hasn't it sold more than the first release? I'd venture some of the people who bought this one, bought the 360 release as well (like me). It's done alright but not great all things considered.
MLK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote
consignia wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:

Hasn't it sold more than the first release? I'd venture some of the people who bought this one, bought the 360 release as well (like me). It's done alright but not great all things considered.

Yeah, the 360 version sold 34k first week. It's a good increase, but I was hoping that the Miku cameos, the anime concurrence (which did wonders for Steins;Gate on PSP), and not being on the most unpopular console ever in Japan, would help it reach even better sales.

I guess part of the problem is that Namco only included the first 3 catalogues for free. That way, those who have invested in the 360 version and its 8 catalogues (and they are still coming) might not want to have to rebuy everything again.
Kyosuke_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Yup, I bought the Im@s PS3 LE bundle, to the chagrin of my wallet...and being the Macross Frontier fanboy that I am, I got the 2nd movie too. I'm hating the exchange rate right about now. I would not hesitate at all to double-dip if either of these were brought to the US but I'm not holding my breath.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:45 am Reply with quote
Man Idolm@ster is still around? So it's moved to the PS3. Be curious to see if this will ever get a port. If it did and they put it on XB360 I'd get a sneak order for our library. Very NIIIIIICE!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1