• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Koi Kaze DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hkrok76

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I liked the animation and art. The style they used gave it a nice solemn atmosphere. It was a very relaxed work. One of my favorites, and a definite dvd buy.
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I saw this at Best Buy and almost got it as it sounded good from reading this review, I passed it up for something else though and I'm kinda regretting it so, I may pick it up when I get paid again...it's be nice to have a romance animes other than Gravitation and Tenchi in my collection
matticans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I was so looking forward to watching this today. But when I went to pick it up I found out the Suncoast had 2 reservations for it, me and someone else, and that they only got one copy. Well that other person got there first so now I am stuck waiting to get my own copy. Grrrr. I can't wait to watch it, and after hearing hkrok76 say that stuff, I want to see it even more. Hopefully they get it in the next couple of days and then I will tell you what I think of it. Smile
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:07 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed it myself. I'm not that picky about the artistic integrety of a show or anything. I'm used to seeing all types of styles even in anime. I mean if you judged an anime on how it looks, then no one would watch it right? Hell, most people are still watching anime that's dated (70's and 80's style), and it still holds up.

Sometimes it's not about the art it's the story behind it. Often times you'll find a show that has what some consider mediocre art but if the story holds viewers in "it's grip" then who cares what the art looks like!

The art was what brought me to the series. The story review that ran in a back issue Newtype USA as well, but mostly the art style. It's simple and has a natural flavor to it. Almost somewhat endearing to what they, the creators wanted that so it would fit the atmosphere of the story and would be appealing to it's viewers.

Considering the nature of 'Koikaze', there's something of a very innocent and delicate nature being conveyed.

Last edited by Chrno2 on Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
hkrok76

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quote
My dvd + art box came in, I haven't popped in the dvd yet, but the box and dvd cover are nice looking, not to mention the stickers are the great =)

I'll be gone when the 2nd dvd comes out, so I'll be sad...I'll have to pick it up when I get back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1