• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gintama' #232 to Not Run on AT-X at TV Tokyo's Request

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:45 am Reply with quote
Well I hope this doesn't extend to anything other than parodies of real life politicians, because if they start pulling Gintama episodes because of the parodies in them, they're in for a whole lot of episodes being pulled. Arrow
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 am Reply with quote
Oh so is THAT why it aired late on Crunchy? I didn't get any of the Renho jokes but the episode was still funny =P The next episode trumped it though. UNO!!!! Anime hyper
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
I bet Ginsan and the others will break the fourth wall to talk about this calmly Laughing
TronBonne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:41 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm not quite there yet, but maybe I should jump ahead and watch that episode on Crunchy in case it's taken down...
Sir Amyas Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote
oooo. Yeah i know right? I'm on 90-something now.... Gintama is a pretty funny show, if drawn out. Just about every episode has at least one rofl joke, which is more than you can say about some shows.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:21 am Reply with quote
Imagine something like this happening in America? It'd blow up more than the South Park Muhammad fiasco.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Imagine something like this happening in America? It'd blow up more than the South Park Muhammad fiasco.

That's why there are Standards and Practices divisions in almost every entertainment company here in the USA--even the stuff in South Park are carefully vetted to avoid a potential libel and slander lawsuit. For example, don't be surprised that it could be many months before South Park ever does an episode parodying the unfortunate situation at Penn State, because the Standards & Practices at Comedy Central are well-aware this case has yet to reach the trial stage.

As such, I'm surprised this episode of Gintama even reached the air on TV Tokyo! You'd think during the scriptwriting stage the people at TV Tokyo would have carefully vetted the script to ensure we don't have a potential libel and slander situation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1