• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yamato 2199 Anime Remake Film's Teaser Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Nobuteru Yuki doing designs makes me glad, he's got some great style in his work that makes me love the Five Star Stories movie's look more than the manga, and same with Cleopatra DC.
stararnold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if Leiji Matsumoto is involved with this project, but its seems to me the trailer for "Yamato 2199" managed to keep mecha designs and the Juzo Okita look from the Yamato anime the legend himself directed, which at least maintains some nostalaigic anime value for an upcoming alternate telling of the "Space Battleship Yamato" legend. At first, I was expecting the trailer would used new designs for Yamato, Okita's flagship, and the Gamilus destroyers. As for the character designs featured in the trailer are okay I guess, and I'm guessing the cute blonde to be Yuki Mori.

Look forward to seeing if this movie will be given an official North American relaese. In the meantime, I still await for news on whether or not the staff at Skydance Productions officially purchased the rights to make their live-action movie version of "Star Blazers" (U.S. counterpart of "Space Battleship Yamato") as it has been very long since any new "Space Batleship Yamato" and "Star Blazers" stuff got commercially distributed to the North American public, and "Space Battleship Yamato" and "Star Blazers" are sci-fi legends worth watching, even for the recent generation of sci-fi fans and otaku during a time when most old school anime get shunned by most North America-based otaku for their age because SBY was what originated the idea of anime as a medium of its own right and the U.S. release of "Star Blazers" (despite a few censorship issues and westernized rewrites) maybe part of a prelude to the birth of the uncut anime movement in North America as it managed to preserve some dark and mature subjects from its Japanese counterpart.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I like what I see so far.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:30 am Reply with quote
More remakes. Laughing
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:38 am Reply with quote
Nice to hear that Izubuchi is finally directing something again. The only anime he ever directed was Rahxephon from nearly ten years ago, but I loved how he handled that series.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote
More Yamato is always good news, can't wait for April Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1