• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beez Confirms Anime Legends Reissue of Code Geass R2 and Cowboy Bebop

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:08 am Reply with quote
I'm still wondering when a u.k. company is going to license rescue and rerelease the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime series and movie. I could be wrong here, but I would have thought it was an obvious choice for a license rescue, unless the licensing costs are too high. I have the american boxsets, and I'm not going to double-dip, but surely there must be a market for it? On that topic, the video on every DVD I've seen of the series is terrible and they really need to sort out whatever it is that's causing that for any future reissues (the movie had excellent video though). Good news about Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass R2 will still be censored I assume Sad
Takuku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:01 am Reply with quote
MangaUK had previously twittered back in September that they were looking into getting the original series of FMA.
https://twitter.com/#!/MangaUK/status/117255425019232258
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Takaku.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Also, two of the other FUNimation shows from before the Manga partnership have finally emerged from limbo - Kiddy Grade and Fruits Basket are being re-released by MVM. THe original FMA was distributed by Revelation though, so it isn't something MVM can 'get back'.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Also, two of the other FUNimation shows from before the Manga partnership have finally emerged from limbo - Kiddy Grade and Fruits Basket are being re-released by MVM. THe original FMA was distributed by Revelation though, so it isn't something MVM can 'get back'.

Not necessarily. FMA was released up to V8 by MVM before being completed and LE boxsetted by Revelation.

But Revelation also released an LE boxset of Fruits Basket. If MVM got that back, they may be able to get other titles back. Gunslinger Girl is also a title that deserves not to be OOP.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:31 am Reply with quote
Minimal research... remind me not to try and untangle license histories with a headache.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1