• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Helps Out with Student Production

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote
Not a bad movie, but not a really great one, but it is good. 100% CG and Cell Shaded CG characters. Has a very interesting ending to it though, almost Matrix quality.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
That was pretty freakin' sweet. Very enjoyable watch for a student produced film. Also, the female robot things (Quints or something right?) kind of reminded me of the robots from the Appleseed CG movie. Was that just me?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
midori kou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That was pretty freakin' sweet. Very enjoyable watch for a student produced film. Also, the female robot things (Quints or something right?) kind of reminded me of the robots from the Appleseed CG movie. Was that just me?

It's not just you. I thought so too.
beverins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:15 am Reply with quote
Animation and visual quality - Grade A Very nice indeed
Story - B clever, I liked the large spoon
Voice Acting - C I'm sorry, this was ADV? I guess they weren't paid enough to do more than read lines.

I suppose the V.A. score is also due in part to the rather pregnant lines such as the evil dude saying "just remember, it wasn't me that wasted this, but you" or somesuch.

While not anime related, with no involvement of ADV, go to daveschool.com and check out their Batman animation. I think that's loads better in general - much more entertaining.

IN case anyone's interested, the software that did this is called Lightwave 3D, and a tutorial for how they got the nice highlights in the eyes can be found here.

Code:
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/animation/animeeye/index.html
PMCRW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:12 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Not a bad movie, but not a really great one, but it is good. 100% CG and Cell Shaded CG characters. Has a very interesting ending to it though, almost Matrix quality.

Wheres and Whats it called?? Link me yo

PMCRW Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1