• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Series that you'd like to see get a "proper" anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
I want a real Gunsmith Cats series. The Riding Bean OAV and the three part GSC OAV were good appetizers, but the manga storyline is the main course.

This. So much this.

I wouldn't mind Madhouse resurrecting Trigun for a more faithful adaption of the manga. If only to make combat scenes coherant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:58 am Reply with quote
I actually have only ever read the Gunsmith Cats manga. As a rule, I've read more manga than I've watched anime. I guess that I am going to be in for quite a surprise when it comes time for me to actually settle into watching that OVA.

On the same topic, was there ever a Ninja Cadets manga? I assume there wasn't, but the OVA was only two episodes long. If I understand it correctly, this was due to the passing of the director. I hope that sometime in the future, there is some sort of reboot for the concept.
Pleinair

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Pet Shop of Horror's, hands down for me. The original is a "good" taste, but it's just so woefully lacking, in amount if nothing else. This might just me being semi soul-crushed over losing Tokyopop, and thus My intake Of Pet Shop: Tokyo, but all the same it's something that I feel deserves to be made, though the interest in it is far past it's prime. Pity.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Ouran High School Host Club definently, I'd love to see the chapter of the Spors festival animated. It's just so funny. But another I'd love to see animated is the first Manga I've ever read, Yotsuba, now thats a good Manga and iuts a shame that it doesn't get an anime but I do respect Kiyohiko Azuma's wishes of not having it become a anime even though I don't like it.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:

I want an IkkiTousen reboot. The anime diverged from the manga in it's first iteration and the subsequent seasons seem to stray farther from the epic continuity of the manga.

Good to hear I'm not alone in this. I'd love a proper anime adaptation of Ikkitousen (once the manga is done or close to completion).

I know this franchise has been awfully animated 4 times already, but all they did there was emphasize the ecchi aspect of the series and forget about the plot, which is the best part of the original manga.

It's a shame chances are it would never happen, since a real adaptation it's going to be above 52 episodes for sure, and by the time the series is over, its popularity won't be high enough to justify the production costs.

----

Another series I want animated is Tenhjo Tenge. It was finally completed last year, and once again, the manga has a great mix of ecchi, action scenes, humor and an unpredictable story. The way too early anime adaptation didn't cover half of the good stuff.

----

Bonus: I used to love Elfen Lied. And the last 6 volumes that weren't made into anime would have been a nice visual fanfare to see in motion, at least.
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:47 am Reply with quote
The suggestion of Tenhjo Tenge fits well with some of the mentions that we've had around here before about finishing Air Gear, considering that the artist was the same. I really would like to see either of the series, or preferably both, receive some polishing in the anime world. For that matter, would I be all alone if I said that some of the Dragonball adaptations that we discussed on the forum before that were clearly fan hoaxes wouldn't be that bad? I know it's a long running series, but I actually wouldn't object to it.
anime racket

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I've always wished they would make another Spiral: The Melody of
Logic that continues with the manga arcs. First good anime I
watched and still one of my all-time fave's.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
That would make a lot of sense. I remember one of the English dub voice actors joking that while the show's advertisements asked 'Who are the Blade Children?', fans would have to read the manga to find out. Sadly, thus far, I only have the first volume to the manga. I really need to stop dragging my feet with that series.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
All Rounder Meguru, if the author is ever able to write it consistently, would make a great series.

Also, Kamen Rider Spirits. Sooner rather than later.
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
As soon as I saw this thread, the first series that came to mind was Chrono Crusade. The anime was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Obviously there wasn't enough story to animate, but the amount of changes they made, especially to Aion, the villian of the series really made me angry. In the manga, Aion is actually a pretty likable character, but the anime version is a sick and demented pervert.

Okay... sorry for the rant Embarassed
oztardis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Defenitley Ichigo100% I read the whole manga series yesterday and decided I would watch some of the anime, got up to episode 4 then decided to watch the last episode and when I found out it only ended at the seond year of highschool I eas very sad so I would like to see an anime that is true to the story and contains all 167 chapters and keep the same ending!
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe nobody's said this yet, but a better Blade of the Immortal anime.
Amorok

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Pleinair wrote:
Pet Shop of Horror's, hands down for me. The original is a "good" taste, but it's just so woefully lacking, in amount if nothing else. This might just me being semi soul-crushed over losing Tokyopop, and thus My intake Of Pet Shop: Tokyo, but all the same it's something that I feel deserves to be made, though the interest in it is far past it's prime. Pity.

I think I love you forever.

Pershop of Horrors is, in my opinion, one of those "intelligent" anime that really transcends the stereotypes of the genre. For some reason, it just feels... deeper and more thought-provoking than your average shoujo mystery manga. And Matsuri Akino clearly put an immense amount of research into the series. I must've re-read the series at least five times, and I'm never disappointed.

And let's not even get started on the gorgeously intricate art... Heh. Is it obvious that PSoH is my favorite manga of all time?

Anyway, it's rather upsetting that the interest in the manga isn't great enough to warrant a real anime to be made of it. But perhaps PSoH: Tokyo will change all that? -fingers crossed!-
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
RedSwirl wrote:
I can't believe nobody's said this yet, but a better Blade of the Immortal anime.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Pokémon Adventures yet. Rolling Eyes I mean really, with as good as the main video game series is, how horrible the current Pokémon anime always has been, and with how much credibility Satoshi Tajiri has given to the manga series, being so much like what he himself envisioned... "Neglect" is far too weak of a word to use, in my opinion.
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
i'd throw out attack on titan. the action left me breathless only by reading it, i can't imagine how good this could turn out if it received a big budget and was worked on by capable people. i know, there's some kind of live action film coming, but imho a setting like that translates best into anime, where you aren't bound to use cg effects to realize many of the story's key moments.

otherwise i'd say solanin. simply because i want to hear the song "solanin" itself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4