• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toriyama to work on Xbox 360 game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aegeus

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
As with Chrono Trigger, Toriyama will provide character designs for the fame.

That is possibly one of the best typos ever ...

That aside, this sounds cool, even if I don't like Xbox.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote
They should have called it the Xbox 2, XBoX 360 just sounds stupid, despite the fact the supposedly poeple would think that XBoX 2 means its twice as fast.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
msi435

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:04 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
They should have called it the Xbox 2, XBoX 360 just sounds stupid, despite the fact the supposedly poeple would think that XBoX 2 means its twice as fast.

Ya really, what doses 360 have to do with anything? There probably trying to shy away from playstation and there numbers (i.e. Ps1 and Ps2) and have there own "original" numbering system while naming there systems. What’s next after this, XboX 540? Sounds pretty cheesy to me...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote
One theory was that it has to do with not wanting to compete against a "PlayStation 3" with their "Xbox 2" so they picked 360. Whatever, Microsoft. I care not.

But Toriyama doing new game designs is cool, because I enjoy his recent style and I've always liked his DQ designs. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Steve007101

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote
It's marketing, they can do what they want.

And yet again, I'll skip the part about how all of those great creators of games are near legendary since I've already did that on a similar post and hey, it's E3 season.

Personally, I'm going to buy ALL of the next gen consoles, one at a time of course but it all depends which one looks more inviting at fist and this is certainly a game to look out for in choosing that, gotta love E3 season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
One theory was that it has to do with not wanting to compete against a "PlayStation 3" with their "Xbox 2" so they picked 360. Whatever, Microsoft. I care not.

Yeah, that's half of the theory. The other half is that they also chose the 360 because Nintendo's next console is the "Revolution" and when you make a revolution you're basicly making a 360 degree turn. So they borrowed from both of their competiters and decided on the name Xbox 360. Personally I think they should have just dropped the Xbox from the title all together since there are waaay too many idiots out there that have made up their minds about anything with the word Xbox tacked on it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Who cares about the name though, really? It looks simply awsome..
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:54 pm Reply with quote
T0FFe3m@n wrote:
Who cares about the name though, really? It looks simply awsome..

Adam Sessler face when he was corrected by that Mircosoft guy. "The Xbox 360 ..." Yikes. Even more that I watch G4. Double Yikes.

Any hoot, it's great to see Akira's designs another RPG, last work was, hmmm, Dragon Quest/Warrior 8. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1