• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Inspired Mecha

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:56 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty interesting to say the least, but at only 1.5Km/h it isn't all that fast.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:14 am Reply with quote
Well, just like all technology eventually a better model will come along at a lower price. I'm guessing they'll have a new model in a couple years that can walk 2km/h for an afordable $300,500. Anime catgrin

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
Heh, maybe so. Perhaps it'll be twice as tall and go 10Km/h, and be $250,000
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
I can't believe it. Makes me almost think that someday they could be commonplace.

Yeah and flying pigs, too. Wink
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:45 am Reply with quote
shadow_guyver wrote:

Hey, for $300,000 I'd make a flying pig. Maybe not with wings and I can't ensure its survival...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:12 am Reply with quote
This Topic needs a lot more Dragonar in it.

Burning Heart!
Grico

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
the real problem is you need 2, one for you and one for a friend to play around with....
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote
shadow_guyver wrote:
I can't believe it. Makes me almost think that someday they could be commonplace.

And maybe someday we could all be cyberized.
ssjheero_yuy99

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Looks more like a robot off of MechWarrior, the computer game, if you ask me. I sure hope they are made, better and cheaper that is, in the future.

(more like the gundam or MS style, (or even patlabor, that would still be cool))
AnimEdge

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:12 am Reply with quote
i would like to see it walk, i wonder if it actually "walks" or just like scoots on lil wheels, i know a lot of compainies are trying to master biped walking that could keep its balance and so on (like the honda robot which is funny that programing was done in US)

But if its just like scoots then its not all that great
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
space clam

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:07 pm Reply with quote
But just imagine the look on your neighbor's face when show up at his house, asking for your toolset back from an 11-foot mech armed with sponge bullets. Laughing If I had that kind of money to kick around, I'm sure I'd buy one. Of course, 1.5 km/h isn't going to get you anywhere fast, but think how fast technology progresses, as well as the price of that technology. I know it's not the same, but a friend of mine bought a 42" plamsa TV for $6000 a few years ago. That same TV now costs something like $1,500. Who would care about traffic jams when you could drive to work in an armsuit? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they'll expand the laws saying you would have to get a pilot or a special license in order to drive this thing
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:12 am Reply with quote
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:05 am Reply with quote
Super Arrow wrote:

Because nothing in real life is impressive after a child's cartoon has made it ridiculously, impossibly over-exaggerated, right? Please, first the "needs more dragonar hurhur" thing and now this, you do realise this isn't 4Chan, right?

Anyway, the first few baby steps in achieving something popular science fiction has only dreamed of up until now. No matter how you look at it, this is quite a feat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:57 am Reply with quote
And you do realise that I no longer care about any bullshit you continute to spout? You also fail at life for stereotyping.

P.S. 11-Foot is still shorter than some of the smallest Mecha I can think of: Aestivalis & Aura Battlers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2