• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AMV love.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote
REFRESH!

Ok, maybe the Sailor Moon yell was a bit much...

But... I wanted an AMV thread about making AMVs and sharing them and was referred to this thread. So, I'm going to make an attempt to revive it.

JessuOtaku - I loved your Trigun AMV. I think it is (by far) one of the best AMVs for that series I have ever seen. I was actually considering making an AMV for Evangelion to "The Black Parade", but after watching yours, I honestly don't believe I could do much better.

I've posted a few AMVs on my Youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/user/DestinationYume?feature=chclk )and will be posting more throughout the week. Some of the ones I post later may be filled with subtitles, etc. since I made them a long long time ago in a galaxy before I had Vegas and RAWS/DVD rips. A friend asked me to post the oldies because he wanted to show them to his wife, so they'll be up... to my dismay. Anime cry

If you guys have seen any AMVs recently that you think are amazing, please post them! I love watching AMVs and love sharing this part of the anime fan culture with everyone. Smile

Edit: Just want to note that the "Full Tropic Panic" AMV does have foul and vulgar language from the Tropic Thunder Movie. So, if bad words offend you, please avoid it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
My first and only AMV I have ever made is Ai Yori Aoshi - Fat Bottom Girls.
Overall I give my own amv a 5.8 out of ten. I admit it's bad, and also it was my first attempt at an AMV.
I made it because all the AMV's I've seen using Ai Yori Aoshi show the romantic side of the show, but not the ecchi side. So I took a song that didn't necessarily match the theme (none of the girls have fat butts), but was fun to do, Queen's - Fat Bottom Girls.

When I was finished in Janurary 2010 I waited a few days, then watched it to catch rough cuts, which I then fixed. The AMV starts to flow together better half-way through. During the first part of the amv I can see parts that were all good ideas, but my timing was a little poor.

For a first AMV I think a 5.8 is still good. it's your first attempt messing with video editing software, and you're getting a feel for it.
I would perfect, and make my Ai Yori Aoshi AMV better, but since then I deleted all my sample clips, and my pinnacle studio license is no more (. Oh well.

Ai Yori Aoshi: Fat Bottom Girls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO67L-u0vJk

When I do my next AMV I feel like using the anime "School Days", to the queen song "Too Much Love Will Kill You". Listening to that song gives me chills of memories that can be reflected all over school days
excaliber736

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
When I do my next AMV I feel like using the anime "School Days", to the queen song "Too Much Love Will Kill You". Listening to that song gives me chills of memories that can be reflected all over school days

Try not to make the next one suck so much.
ThirdEyeAwakened

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm Reply with quote
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Suicide Silence, huh? Aptly named. I would gladly commit suicide if it meant I never had to listen to that awful 'vocalist' ever again.
ThirdEyeAwakened

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 pm Reply with quote
lol someones narrow minded
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:59 am Reply with quote
I like rap (as long as it ain't full-on gangsta), I like hip-hop (to a degree), I can even handle heavy metal. But I will not tolerate a guy with emphysema who simultaneously sounds like he's been kicked in the nuts and is trying to throw up his stomach onto his mike. Especially when his 'music' is then paired off in an AMV with a show like Death Note. Seriously. It does. Not. Work.
swienke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:22 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I should be studying for my final right now, but instead I'm here wasting time by posting about AMV's. Impulse control, where are you? Confused

I have to admit that I'm a HUGE AMV fan, and have a playlist of a couple hundred AMVs on my youtube account that I actually watch fairly regularly. I'll just include a couple of my recent favorites below, though feel free to PM me if you want more recommendations. Note that I am not an editor myself and so none of these are mine.

Pretty much anything by Chiikaboom is pretty glorious - her song choices are always perfect and her timing and use of effects are impeccable - but my favorite AMV of hers is Devil's Game, a Madoka Magica AMV set to a Within Temptation song. It's exciting, brutal, and yet a very elegant summation of the series as a whole. I sort of had to watch it every day for a while. Of course, it contains massive spoilers, so don't watch it if you haven't seen the series yet.

Another recent favorite is Traumerei by Umika, which primarily uses FMA: Brotherhood. However, Umika added in some footage from other series in order to tweak the story, creating something that plays out like a more tragic alternate version of FMA:B. The use of the haunting "Orchard of Mines" by Globus helps transform it into one of the most achingly emotional and profound AMVs I've ever come across, even if some of the spliced footage is a bit awkward at times.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:20 am Reply with quote
Time for a well-deserved bump.

I don't normally pay attention to AMV because there are so many not-so-good ones I have to surf through to finds I really like, but out of the blue I decided to hunt down some Panty and Stocking AMVs. I figured with it's heavily influenced American cartoon style there would be tons and tons of really cool AMVs, but there aren't, unfortunately. HOWEVER, I did find this jewel that uses "Na Na Na" from My Chemical Romance. I wouldn't say there are any spoilers, but there are scenes from the last few episodes, so avoid if you want to play it safe. Like I said, I don't watch a lot of AMVs, but this is definitely one of my favorites.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ajr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
heh. I couldn't help but think of katamari damacy with all the nanana's in that.

In other news, this little gem was posted just last tuesday, and it's already got 25,000 hits. Nichijou- Safety Dance
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Finished my School Days AMV the other day

School Days - Too Much Love Will Kill You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae9_5ZHqlDg
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
Best amv ever made in my opinion (probably already posted somewhere here): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8gYIMpXPQs

That particular channel has some great amv's.
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote
My next idea for an AMV will use yet another queen song.

I plan on producing an AMV called Welcome to the NHK - Passing the Open Windows.

This song fits welcome to the nhk freakishly well too!
An1fr3ak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:08 am Reply with quote
I want to start making AMV's. I only just started getting into them recently, so I don't have many good AMVs that I have seen yet. I presume that this thread will have some really good AMVs littered around when I backlog the entire thread.
All I want to know right now is, what kind of programs and such will I need to start making them. I have seen some programs that people use, but I'm sure they are not free software. So where is a good place to start and how long does it take to become relatively proficient at making AMVs?? I'm not particularly computer savvy, so I believe it will take me some time to get my head around things, but I am a very quick learner. I would appreciate some advice.
And just for those that are curious, I have a killer AMV idea for the Mystic Archives of Dantalian. I really want to start working on it. I have most of the basis complete, but I need to go back and start choosing which scenes I want (I already have some in mind of course) and I have already chosen a song for it which I believe will blow people away (I tried playing it with AMVs other people have already made and it was awesome).
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Given the amount of Madoka Magica fans of the board, I'm sure this has been posted already here, but just in case it hasn't...

http://youtu.be/61qXcPjs5So

I wouldn't watch the vid unless you've seen the series in full though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 21