• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2011-12-07

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Amazing.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I pre-ordered Tatami Galaxy the other day when I was supposed to be ordering a book for my Grandpa...
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I can sympathize. Been there, done that. Not to the tune of $1100, but I think I've dropped close to $900 at Rightstuf in one sitting before. Really, at the prices they sell stuff at when they have sales, I'd be foolish NOT to! I mean, you can get a 2 disc set for only $19.99. Two discs! Ah Sailor, at last you're becoming a crafty consumer! Hello? I'll take eight!
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I see that someone's been keeping an eye out on the Retail thread. Were you channeling Blood- this article? Laughing (Not to pick on you, dude, I just happen to remember your recent post about November's totals).

So was Nina making gifts for her friends there? Way to fall through. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
naninanino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I wish I had access to web stores like that.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I've become addicted to anime retail sites, looking for new deals for the holidays, though mostly for myself. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Starre257

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Princess Tutu, Black Butler, and Summer Wars... at least she has good taste Anime smile
ninja noir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote
haha. This is so true. I sometimes shop online with a specific target in mind(one or two DVD's and a volume of manga,for around 30 euro), but then end up spending about 100-150 euro because I find so much cheap stuff that I want. Damn, that reminds me, i'll probably be spending close to 200 from now until the end of January....just on myself. Ah well, I guess I can survive on a slice of bread a day.
mimosa_usagi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
OMG thats totaly me Embarassed at least I know how to crochet so I can make hand maid scarfs, hats, sweaters, etc. And for friends who like anime I can make cute amigurumi of cute characters they like Very Happy so even if I spend all of my money I can still make hand made gifts with all of the yarn i have around Wink
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I run into this situation a lot but have found a way to partially counter act it. My grandparent and mom tend to be last minute shoppers like myself (me usually due to being so busy with finals at this time of year) so I often just buy what I want during the sales and tell them they gave it to me, so they reimburse me. Saves them from the hassle of trying to figure out which specific series I like, and I save them some money. Does cause the occasional problem when I don't take it off my wishlist in time and I get duplicates of a series from a friend or something ha ha.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Funny comic. Thats never happened to me, but I've been tempted more than once.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote
And I just got through doing that same thing yesterday at TRSI. Though I didn't spend that much. But yeah, that's what happens.
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering, is macaroni art an international thing?

I think it might be bad karma to give as gifts to friends/adults unless your age is in single digits. Wink

*sigh* I used to give drawings. This year I hoped to give a guitar I don't have enough time.
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Wow, darn near autobiographical re throwing $$$ at RightStuf instead of $ or $$ but I don't quite get the macaroni art unless it signifies food staple to be eaten remainder of this month because of anime overspending.

As usual, Robin, you have your renderings accurately depicting the pulse of the ANN readership. Laughed all the way through.
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote
bemused Bohemian wrote:
...I don't quite get the macaroni art ...

I did it as a kid. It's kind of like shell art except you glue macaroni into patterns or pictures. I think it may get painted, too. I'm guessing the Macaroni is just cheap, kid-safe, mixed-media fun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3