• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Remember me feature not working

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Exactly as the title says, the forum isn't remembering me at all and I'm having to log back in each time I open my browser, despite ticking the box. Any idea what could be causing it?
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Exactly as the title says, the forum isn't remembering me at all and I'm having to log back in each time I open my browser, despite ticking the box. Any idea what could be causing it?

Since nobody has answered this I am going to guess that this is a cookie problem, since most web sites do use cookies for this kind of information.
Make sure that your browser is set to accept cookies, and that it does not delete the cookies when you close the browser.
As I say, that is just my guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I assume you're found the page with the "remember me" tick (which is normally the hard part).

You can check the "remember me" status and clear the cookies in case there is an issue with them at animenewsnetwork.com/meta/clear-cookies.php (substitute .co.uk or .com.au as appropriate)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Hi st_owly,

As the others said, this is probably a cookie problem. Delete your ANN/AoD cookies and the problem should be resolved.

Let us know if this doesn't work.

-t
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:56 am Reply with quote
I'm getting a 500 internal server error when I try and clear the cookies using Shiroi Hane's link :S I'll try again later.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
You can clear the cookies in your browser too if that doesn't work for some reason - IE8+ makes it easy; press F12 to bring up the dev toolbar and use clear cookies for domain on the cache menu.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I've cleared my cookies (all of them on my entire browser) 5 times in the last week and still am getting this error
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Are you getting an actual error or is it just not remembering you? Have you actually ticked "remember me"? It is not on the front page but at animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/login.php

What does it say on the auto-login line at animenewsnetwork.com/meta/clear-cookies.php?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1