• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nisemonogatari Anime to Premiere on January 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:04 am Reply with quote
Will there be any hope of a simulcast for this?
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Will there be any hope of a simulcast for this?

Considering Bakemonogatari remains unlicensed and looks to stay that way for the time being, I'd say no.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:23 am Reply with quote
Aniplex, Kodansha and SHAFT must be holding out for a vast sum of money for Bakemonogatari; that's the only reason I can think of for it not being licensed. It is the highest selling Anime series ever (per volume), so it ain't going to be flogged off like a cheap hooker.

I do hope someone licenses Nisemonogatari for simulcast, but again, the license fee might be really really high (for a mere simulcast).

Anyway, one way or another I am watching this show when it comes out. Apparently no fansub group has put up their hand yet and said that they'll cover it, but I expect someone will do so. I mean, surely.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Just Kodansha: SHAFT are just animators and Anipex said at Otakon '10 that Kodansha had the rights.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Just Kodansha: SHAFT are just animators and Anipex said at Otakon '10 that Kodansha had the rights.

I recall they said something about working out a deal (similar to Madoka) but I guess that plan fell through. I doubt Bakemonogatari will be able to attract enough of an audience here to outweigh the costs.
chathura

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:07 am Reply with quote
That would be another upcoming saga in anime history if they last it with entire 'Monogatari' series.However they took more than 2 years for 'Nise' since Bake's end,but finally they announced for sequel here;seems like entire 'Monogatari' will be gonna in the play of action.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1