• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mai Maid

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
Last week, I was suffering from a really bad head cold.

Glad you're feeling better in the head now.

Michi wrote:
Now I wanna know where the heck 夏姫 came from, though.

The editor who wrote the front page article and sneezed when trying to type the title in their IME? These things aren't signed on the main page, but I presume you keep some internal track of who's responsible for which bits of 'journalism'. You could ask them what happened.

Rar
Magus_Melchior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:18 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure they'll keep the title; the small black kanji next to it read (仮題), or "tentative title".

It could be that they're pulling the same "fool-the-audience" prank style from Mai-HiME here for laughs (yeah, implausible, but the first series often kept me guessing what happens next and missing by quite a bit).
Rodsur

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote
i might not know japanese BUT i can see that they spelled Maid like MAiD which means they have shortened a word like they did with HiME....
pinoyfreestyler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:16 am Reply with quote
Sorry if this is old news, but I only knew a while ago about the announcement for Mai MAiD (for the title at least).

What I found surprising is that the setting seems to be different (from the pictures at least) and as of now, ANN classifies this show as a "prequel" to My-HiME (not a sequel as what many people are thinking, including myself).

Nevertheless, there is still much that isn't known so I'll just wait-and-see. Heck, it might be as good as the first one.
Ergzay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:52 pm Reply with quote
After examining the picture closely I think I may have come up with a possible basic plot.
The story takes place 300 years in the past. (Look at the background of the picture.) The main characters are maids who end up gaining special powers from the HiME star (which isn't destroyed because it's 300 years ago). The two main characters in the picture I'm guessing are Mashiro (purple haired girl from Mai-Hime) and the girl they showed at the end of the series looking at the camera. The story is about Mashiro and her friends fighting against a carnival which happened 300 years ago. I'm guessing the story takes place in europe based on the building style in the background.
If you remember in the last episode (or was it second to last) when Lord whatever his name is looks at Mai he sees Mashiro in a priestess robe from supposedly back when she had kagutsuchi and fought and defeated Lord whatever his name is. The three elements of this which I can not fit into place are:
1. It talks about how spoiler[Mashiro actually died and isn't even alive, but that seemed to have happened recently].
2. How the other main character appears at the end of the series if the new series takes place 300 years ago.
3. They refer to the carnival taking place in Japan, not europe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3