• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz to Publish Novels

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roxfan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Might be worth a mention that music for Kamikaze Girls (original title: Shimotsuma Monogatari) is done by Yoko Kanno. A great soundtrack BTW.
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:57 pm Reply with quote
What relation is the FMA novel to the manga or TV series?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would translate and publish the "Shin, or True Tench Muyo " novels written by the Tenchi OVAs creator Masaki Kajishima. Those three novels are to the OVA story as the Bible is to Christianity, a must read in order to fully under stand the whole story. Crying or Very sad
BrianRuh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This isn't Viz's first foray into publishing novels; they published the English adaptation of Battle Royal in 1999.
I know this wasn't the main thrust of the news article, but I just thought I'd correct this -- The original BR novel came out in Japan in 1999; the English adaptation wasn't published until 2003.
belly button lint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:20 am Reply with quote
I wonder how the FMA novel would turn out. I tried reading the Onegai Teacher novel, and it was pretty painful. It turned out to be smut. They took the story line and did a "what could've been" and wrote what they can't animate for the younger audience. erm.. off topic. yeah.. I'd pick up the FMA novel just to see if it's like a fanfic or lemon. Twisted Evil
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I wish they would translate and publish the "Shin, or True Tench Muyo " novels written by the Tenchi OVAs creator Masaki Kajishima. Those three novels are to the OVA story as the Bible is to Christianity, a must read in order to fully under stand the whole story. :cry:

I'm speechless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I want the Seki no Monsho/senki Novels.

I had the first one via a fantran the one were you bougt the novel from the guy and he would send your the fantran along to keep the fantan legal.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sabakyuu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I've been planning to buy the RahXephon novels and I was wondering if there were any other english novel adaptions such as evangelion or saikano for example...
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, there's those Robotech novels... and the Gundums, come to think of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1