• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Winter 2012 Anime Spotlight

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I was going by anidb actually which shows 25 mins. Just checked mazon which shows each volume at 50 mins, 2 ep, 6 vols
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:43 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
I will not be including them. Sorry guys, ANN is a (moderately) family-friendly site. :p

How can you say that with a straight face considering today's Rosario advertisement skin?

configspace wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:
Daily Lives of High School Boys...wow it didn't take them long to start ripping of Kimi to Boku at all, did they?

Yes, both are about mostly highschool guys, but they're not even close. I don't think people who like Kimi to Boku will automatically like this.

How would you know? The preview is intentionally larded up with otoku-pleasers, but that doesn't tell us anything.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I dunno what to really say... There's a bunch of stuff i'm looking forward to that i've actually forgotten about some of them Anime dazed ...

Daily Lives of High School Boys: I doubt i'll even bother with this one...

Brave10: I'm trying really hard to get excited by this... but for some reason it just isn't looking that interesting for me Anime cry . It just looks like every other kind of show i've seen like this. And I was really hoping for more here... Maybe i'm just in a mood right now... I dunno, i'll look and think about it more later...

Inuboku Secret Service: It looks a little interesting... More than the other two. I like the designs and all. Had to laugh a little at the trailer. But it does look interesting to say the least. So I might actually have to add this to the list. If I had one Anime cry , and maybe if I did I wouldn't have forgotten some of the things I was waiting for...

Quote:
Rensyo Sorinozuka
VA: Yoshimasa Hosoya
Resident of Room 3. He's known Ririchiyo for a long time, and understands she's awkward around others. He's an easygoing guy and usually goes around in his cotton-sheet form because it's easier. For better or worse, he's the most "normal" one amidst the strong idiosyncrasies of those in the mansion. When he transforms, his form is a cotton-sheet.

lol, what? I must be missing something here.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:12 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
I'll be in this one for the Ho Yay. I love how there are already 1000 Harem series and fanservice shows, and BL series are still the ones people complain about. Anime hyper

Hmmm, tons of hetero fanservice shows for guys vs. few yaoi fanservice shows for girls. You're right, something is imbalanced.

I sense a disturbance in the anime force. Wink How could this be rectified?
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I prefer hetero fanservice shows but I'm also perfectly okay with yaoi. While the last yaoi show I watched was Kotetsu Sangokushi (which I never finished), I still have fond memories of Loveless and Yami no Matsuei.

Though I'm a straight male, I actually prefer yaoi over yuri oddly enough.

Anyways, onto the new spotlights.

High school boys: Was thinking I'd skip this but I see it won't only be about boys. I'll have to see how much the girls factor into it.

Inu x Boku SS: Now this is my sort of show. A cute female lead and mysteries? With Yuuichi Nakamura? I'm there.

Then you're cooler than a lot of the people on crunchyroll. If you'd seen the comments section while No.6 was airing...it was a bloodbath. Anime hyper
dollssoulkirie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
peachsncreamsoda wrote:
Quote:
Rensyo Sorinozuka
VA: Yoshimasa Hosoya
Resident of Room 3. He's known Ririchiyo for a long time, and understands she's awkward around others. He's an easygoing guy and usually goes around in his cotton-sheet form because it's easier. For better or worse, he's the most "normal" one amidst the strong idiosyncrasies of those in the mansion. When he transforms, his form is a cotton-sheet.

lol, what? I must be missing something here.

Rensyo's youkai form is an ittan-momen. It's a youkai that flies through the air at night and attacks humans, often by wrapping around their faces to smother them. So, his appearance in the manga and the anime is a long~ black rectangular paper strip looking creature. His SS, Nobara, even had thoughts about sticking him in a shredder, so she can get a new master. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:

For some of the shows they just send me the colored design sheets, and for one of them (I just checked, it was High School DxD) those included up-close diagrams of how each female characters nipples looked both erect and relaxed. I knew it'd be a pervy show...

I will not be including them. Sorry guys, ANN is a (moderately) family-friendly site. :p

Ooookaayyyy... I know at least one show I'll be avoiding like the plague this season. Shocked

Brave 10 interests me somewhat and I think I'll at least check out Inuboku (though with all honesty it probably won't be something I'd watch beyond an few episodes...)
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
configspace wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:
Daily Lives of High School Boys...wow it didn't take them long to start ripping of Kimi to Boku at all, did they?

Yes, both are about mostly highschool guys, but they're not even close. I don't think people who like Kimi to Boku will automatically like this.

How would you know? The preview is intentionally larded up with otoku-pleasers, but that doesn't tell us anything.

Actually it tells you everything you need to know about the show
more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqn_CQiu3ho Laughing

There are six previews now and all are like that. Or you can just check out the manga (or scans since it's not licensed) for yourself.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:10 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Psycho_Despair wrote:
So.....are we gonna see the spotlight with the "erect nipples"? Just curious, really want something to laugh at. Laughing

... What are these 'errect nipples' you speak of?

For some of the shows they just send me the colored design sheets, and for one of them (I just checked, it was High School DxD) those included up-close diagrams of how each female characters nipples looked both erect and relaxed. I knew it'd be a pervy show...

Hahahaha, ok. I just wanted to bring that up XP
And I didn't know ANN is a (moderately) family-friendly site, I currently see the Rosario + Vampire skin on ANN, what's up with that? You got to put up that Nobody's Boy: Remi skin!!
Yupa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:34 am Reply with quote
Another looks pretty interesting, thanks for the preview!
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote
I will definitely be checking out Another, since its done by PA works and Noizi Ito. Also, because the heroine has the most disturbing name ever (Mei in Japanese is the Kanji used to spell "Scream").
Banjo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote
nice work ANN, I will chick it again once we have a full list of Jan animes and see what may interest me Cool
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The original novel was called a “new masterpiece” by its author

This post is a new masterpiece.

I am the author of this post.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
I don't get why Tsutomu Mizushima keeps getting gritty/horror/serious shows to direct. I honestly do not. The man is a brilliant director... for comedy. If you look at the list of stuff he has had a hand in: Genshiken, Hare+Guu, Dokuro-chan, Squid Girl, Azazel-san, Legend of Koizumi, etc... all of those are comedies.

So why. Why when this director is so brilliant at making comedies did he direct Blood-C? Why is he directing Another? Do the execs want Another to be turned into an unintentional comedy like Blood-C was?

It makes no sense to me. Azazel-san sold almost 10k copies. Blood-C didn't even sell 2k. It should be a no-brainer what project to assign Mizushima to direct, and yet I remain baffled.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:58 am Reply with quote
what is a "neo-orthodox mystery" I am pretty familiar with mystery and I have never heard of that term and neither has google
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 16