• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Films News

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Eva on Cartoon Network...

Hell must've frozen over.

Who'da thunk it?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quote
YES! I finally get to watch Evangelion. But I'll buy the DVD's anyway, since it won't be completely uncut. Back when I had Anime Network, I saw two extremely gory episodes in the middle of the series, and that's just about it. (And had no clue as to what was going on) With the huge fanbase and all, I'm interested to see what it has to offer. I dunno, maybe the person who announced this wasn't feeling well... Shocked
Mid-Boss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I just started collecting it...

I'm going to finish collecting it on DVD. The only thing I ever watch on CN is Teen Titans and this way I won't have to watch commercials, editing, or sit through Inuyasha to see it.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Mid-Boss wrote:
I won't have to watch commercials, editing, or sit through Inuyasha to see it.
The news post said on Cartoon Network, not specifically [Adult Swim], so I think it might be shown late at night like they're doing with DBZ uncut. I hope an edit list is put out for this when neccesary.
wizard55

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Wow, This is quite a change. I always heard the show would never air on CN again because it would be a editing nightmare...probably going to Adult Swim..
Mid-Boss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't think late night like DBZ is an option. That airs right after Teen Titans...

Adult Swim seems to be the only place they could put it, especially with Toonami's line up being full and their habit of never airing premieres during the week.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... the dub of Macross give me to have an excuse to have a duplicate of Macross on my shelves. I also hope ADV uses the box that Harmony Gold produced for Macross.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Mid-Boss wrote:
I don't think late night like DBZ is an option. That airs right after Teen Titans...

Adult Swim seems to be the only place they could put it, especially with Toonami's line up being full and their habit of never airing premieres during the week.
Yeah. That Toonami is using its time wisely alright. 2 One Pieces a week!
Mid-Boss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I think they want to finish airing One Piece premieres before the new programs are ready to air. If they went one at a time, they wouldn't have room on the line up.
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Wow. You got to imagine that the Eva-Fanboys/girls that were present for the ADV Pannel about wet themsleves when they heard this. This is a big big piece of news for the anime community.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm assuming this will be the remastered "platinum" version they're gonna show.
This is gonna be cool...
Alter User Kazuma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Blah, I wish they would pick something everybody and their mother hadn't seen yet instead of Evangelion to go on TV, considering the size of the rest of ADV's library. But oh well...
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Evangelion... on American TV....

wow...

it's going to be edited like crazy though.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Nice. Then I'll wait til they sell Macross for $90-$100 like they did with Mospeada and Southern Cross. Woodhead must have popped a vein or two though...They already foiled him once with the KOR ova. Although not getting the Streamline dub sucks, cus Max's voice actor is my favorite, but waddya gonna do?
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Huh..... I guess if it airs on AS there won't really be any edits.... How many edits for gore have there been on AS? also, with some of the stuff I've seen in paranoia agent and Samurai Champloo lately.... I don't think any sexual content edits would be made.... So, it all really depends on what CN block it airs.... Toonami, regular CN, or Miguzi would be bad... AS might actually be a GOOD place for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8