• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, December 12-18

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
either that is first day sells for fairy tail or alot of people hated the chapters in the volume spoiler[and considering how bad the timeskip started and how bad the hades fight was i wouldnt be surprised] also at this point its only a matter of time until silver spoon gets a anime its bound to happen given FMA's success and how well the manga is selling.
Ushio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
either that is first day sells for fairy tail or alot of people hated the chapters in the volume spoiler[and considering how bad the timeskip started and how bad the hades fight was i wouldnt be surprised] also at this point its only a matter of time until silver spoon gets a anime its bound to happen given FMA's success and how well the manga is selling.

According to Amazon.co.jp Fairy Tail vol 30 was released on 16/12/2011 so thats last friday.
opn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
opn wrote:

According to Amazon.co.jp Fairy Tail vol 30 was released on 16/12/2011 so thats last friday.

i thought so...guess it pulled a reborn where it took a big dip in sales after a really bad arc.[/spoiler]
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Yay for Silver Spoon! I hope it is picked up for an English release soon. I know it's still pretty early to be talking about an English release, but I really want it in my collection haha.

I Hope they don't hurry up too much with the anime though. There are still only two volumes out and it looks like Arakawa-sensei might not yet be used to releasing it weekly. An anime might end up stressing her out.

Please keep up the good work, Arakawa-sensei!
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote
The data for all the new volumes for Kodansha's series on the list is for only three days of sales. For Shogakukan's, it's for five days.

So Fairy Tail didn't "pull a Reborn", it's merely been selling for only three days. Roughly 200,000 after three days is a fairly normal level for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1