• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:19 am Reply with quote
You must have clicked edit around the same time I did but clicked save after me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
LunaSlashSea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I accidently added "Ichigenme...The First Class is Civil Law Vol. 1" under "I Can't Stop Loving You" when I added the releases for that series. Would someone please move it to "Ichigenme...The First Class is Civil Law"?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote
LunaSlashSea wrote:
I accidently added "Ichigenme...The First Class is Civil Law Vol. 1" under "I Can't Stop Loving You" when I added the releases for that series. Would someone please move it to "Ichigenme...The First Class is Civil Law"?

Fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Definitely liking the ability to go back and add all my back catalog to get rid of those ugly manual listings. Also really glad to find this thread and confirm the ability is fairly new (now if I could just remember how to add titles under the volumes listing.) However, all those times the wizard misses TRSI links (no ref code, can't fetch, looked at me funny, etc.) is getting annoying.

For submitting omnibus releases, should the edition just be "Omnibus," is the edition Omnibus and then the number is based on the omnibus and not the originals (like the box set example,) or can it be "Omnibus 1"? My preference would be for the latter, so that it is easier to refer to them either by the original or consolidated volume numbers.
Rogue Leader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I went through my anime as well as a few sidetracks through the encyclopedia and came up with corrections to the release titles. While there I added some titles here and there as well as finding some titles that I had meant to buy and forgot about. The encyclopedia really is a great resource for releases, which is why I took the time to do this. Very Happy
Since we don't really have a standard format, except for the suggestions shown when adding a title, I used those suggestions as a base and used a logical format when something came up that wasn't covered. I understand that you don't have to use the exact format I chose and you may not want to make some of the changes I came up with but I hope this helps. I also don't expect these to be all changed right away. Its a lot of changes and will take some time.

Here are the rules I followed:

-All the title changes are to the title and edition of the actual release. i.e. what the release actually says on the box. DVDEmpire comes in handy here as they have scans of the front and back of almost all of their dvds.
-I used the dash for separating the anime titles with the volume titles as that was the most commonly used one, between it and a colon. I did use the colon for separating a title with the words "The Movie" after and for releases with a subtitle as there would be a title as well and I didn't want to use two dashes. For sets that do not have a name I just labeled them box sets.
-I just left a space between the title and the edition.
-I put all the series in brackets. I took out the word Geneon from the signature series because it isn't actually part of the series name. I took out the word "edition" from the save series because the E in save stands for edition already.
-I added the physical extras that come with each release. I didn't know how specific to be here so I just put what the item is. I kept adding an artbox with a plus but everything else in parentheses.
-I put any other identifiers in parentheses. I took out the thinpak identifier as I believe that came about when thinpaks were new and now most sets are thinpaks
-I added or corrected the volume numbers. Barnes and Noble came in handy here are they label all the scenes on each disc. Also the boxes themselves sometimes tell the number of discs.
-I added additional corrections such as a media format change or an anime affiliation correction.
-I added suggestions to change the format of the anime titles themselves to match with the rest of the encyclopedia and/or series.

Instructions to read the excel doc. Just to make it as easy as possible.

The first column is the name of the anime
The second column is the ID number of the release in the encyclopedia database
The third column is what the release title is right now
The fourth column is the corrected title
The fifth column is a related change needed for that release
The fifth column is a suggested change to the anime title itself
If a cell is blank, the existing entry is ok

It is rather large so you can download the doc here
http://www.mediafire.com/?8z417qfuid7mvfg

Of course, if/when you have any questions you can ask me. Mr. Green
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Unbalance Unbalance (manhwa)

Per an error report for the release dates, the date we have for the second volume release is wrong. I've hidden the release dates since they've been deprecated by the releases list but sources disagree on what the actual date was (although it is clear it was delayed).
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote
First, they are very OOP, but I have the TRSI short-URL's for some titles in the comment fields of my collection, in case you can bypass the scraper and want to add them.

Second, should manga with volume titles go here as a release correction, submitted as other information, or PMd to an editor?

Finally, my list of corrections so far..

Change type from Graphic Novel to Novel
Haruhi novel 6 (release #19288)
Haruhi novel 7 (release #19290)
Haruhi novel 7 hardcopy (release #19289)
FLCL novel 3 (release #12419)

Change type from BD to BD/DVD
B Gata G Kei LE (release #19699)
B Gata G Kei (release #19700)

Title needs to add leading "the" for consistency
Haruhi-chan graphic novel 4 (release #19285)

The release is oddly missing (going through the wizard says it is associated with the title, but not showing as a release on the page.)
Blood+ Kowloon Nights (manga #8427) ISBN: 9781595824448

Graphic novel volumes missing numbers
Crown of Love 4 (release #17197)
Empty Empire 3 (release #7861)
Gacha Gacha Next 9 (release #12357)
Hibiki's Magic 1 (release #7533)
Maid War Chronicles 1 (release #12881)
Orphen 1 (release #4014)
Panic x Panic 2 (release #17126)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:08 am Reply with quote
Excuse me while I take the liberty of editing your post to include links...

All but the last four seemed to have been done already.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Rosario + Vampire - Seasons 1 and 2 Bundle + Lenticular Card

I question that being in the encyclopedia. That is a Rightstuf exclusive bundle with a Rightstuf exclusive item. I don't know exactly how to word it, but that's just a promotional bundle Funimation is doing with TRSI, not any sort of mass market release. Bundling things together is something Righstuf does a lot, and unless every bundle Rightstuf has ever done and are doing (they're currently doing a lot of Funimation and Media Blasters bundles) is going to be included - or every bundle RACS or Best Buy have done for that matter - I see no reason to include this or any other bundle in the encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I question that being in the encyclopedia. That is a Rightstuf exclusive bundle with a Rightstuf exclusive item. I don't know exactly how to word it, but that's just a promotional bundle Funimation is doing with TRSI, not any sort of mass market release. Bundling things together is something Righstuf does a lot, and unless every bundle Rightstuf has ever done and are doing (they're currently doing a lot of Funimation and Media Blasters bundles) is going to be included - or every bundle RACS or Best Buy have done for that matter - I see no reason to include this or any other bundle in the encyclopedia.

My bad (wasn't fully aware of utilizing UPC system properly), but just like Encyclopedia entries, once a release has been included in someone's My Collection, there's no way to remove it (sigh). Rolling Eyes
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Queen's Blade -Rurō no Senshi- - (DVD 1)

This should be renamed: Queen's Blade: The Exiled Virgin - A Single Step (DVD 1).

EDIT:

Princess Jellyfish - The Complete Series (Blu-Ray + DVD)

Should be: Princess Jellyfish - The Complete Series [Limited Edition] (Blu-Ray + DVD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Queen's Blade -Rurō no Senshi- - (DVD 1)

This should be renamed: Queen's Blade: The Exiled Virgin - A Single Step (DVD 1).

EDIT:

Princess Jellyfish - The Complete Series (Blu-Ray + DVD)

Should be: Princess Jellyfish - The Complete Series [Limited Edition] (Blu-Ray + DVD)

Both done.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

I was aware of them three weeks ago, but there's a problem: they don't have Universal Product Code (UPC) but have Japan Article Number (JAN) 4534530051691 instead. I'll consult Dan if we can just leave the field blank and add a note about its JAN (easy), or add a new field for similar direct imports containing English sub/dub (hard). Not sure if they can be regarded as ISBN-13 (which has 13 digits by adding "978" as "Bookland" in front of ISBN-10, making it compatible with JAN/EAN).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I looks like when Dan added the Kara no Kyoukai BD box which was a similar import he just left the UPC and ISBN fields blank.

Personally, I can only add releases by URL and at least one of them needs to include the UPC.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 43