• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:16 am Reply with quote
What I found most interesting was something that was probably unintentional; that the spoiler[machine] that's so important to the plot can apparently spoiler[make multiple copies of Melina. It created a complete copy in Jenis, but another, incomplete and decaying copy in Nina. Also, apparently it would have possibly created another copy in Emily or for Jenis/Melina to shut down the machine before it was used on Emily would have been unnecessary.]

spoiler[I'd most sooner expect a kid's film to deal with a standardized, vague view of human life using the idea of the soul, but intentionally or not, this one seems to be taking a materialistic view where what makes a person what they are can be replicated.]

spoiler[And a neat little detail: the copy remembers dying]
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:22 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the movie is about the level of BatSchibe insane that I've expcted from Level 5's writing staff.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote
This film was essentially my indoctrination into the Layton mythos (I found it harmless, but enjoyable), but I must say, I would play the hell out of an Emmy game.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 am Reply with quote
The production on the disc sounds pretty bad. You'd think WB made it and Viz was distributing it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1