• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Powerpuff Girls, Hatsune Miku, Vocaloid Idols Join Forces

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Whaaaaat?! This is.... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! This is so... this is so weird! I really have no idea what to think about this! I'm honestly not much of a fan of Vocaloid and yet I think Powerpuff Girls is awesome! It's like I just got gender-bended or something. I have no clue how exactly I'm suppose to react to this.
Nekusagi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I want all of the things.
Gerilgfx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote
thankyou craptoon network, you succesfully ruined miku.
imperialism sucks.
ratchet573

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Gerilgfx wrote:
imperialism sucks.

How'd they ruin Miku by doing a crossover? It's not like they bought the Miku license and are going to make an animated American series called "The Misadventures of Hatsune Miku".

I don't know what this is or why it is...but Powerpuff Girls was my childhood and Vocaloid is one of my favorite things at this point in time and I found this to be rather random and rather cool.
Gerilgfx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Becouse imperialist tv studios has no idea, what is an anime even.

They will vomit they lonely and retard jokes with low quality graphics, without caring about a typical anime-like universe. Just as they did this before, several times. I dont see, why would it be different at this time. Imho, who belives that this cartoon will be suitable to a typical otaku, will be very dissapointed.

even looking at the poster, its a crap.
i dont think that i will watch it even.
xScar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Gerilgfx wrote:

They will vomit they lonely and retard jokes with low quality graphics, without caring about a typical anime-like universe. Just as they did this before, several times. I don't see, why would it be different at this time. Imho, who belives that this cartoon will be suitable to a typical otaku, will be very dissapointed.

even looking at the poster, its a crap.
i don't think that i will watch it even.

You're an idiot.

Did you even read the news post? There's no TV show, just prizes for game machines.

And Cartoonnetwork isn't the one designing this anyway. The designs were done by nigo, the guy who made A Bathing Ape clothing line.

I can't believe you made an account just for this.
Gerilgfx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
no, i am not. but you are Very Happy

There's no TV show, just prizes for game machines
not yet.

The designs were done by nigo, the guy who made A Bathing Ape clothing line.
yeah, just like Square(-enix) with Kingdom Hearts. A great company, who made final fantasy 8 before, remember?

ofc i have no problem with nigo, i am sure he is a very talented artist! and peoples in the square-enix is very talented too.

I can't believe you made an account just for this.
i cant belive your drool flooding out from your mouth, just from hearing different oppinions. This is a forum, where peoples talk, but you should probably join to the communist party of china, that is where your friends alreday belong.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote
...? Cartoon Network has nothing to do with this, so why do they matter? I don't really see how a TV series could come from this unless they sell insanely well. And what's wrong with Kingdom Hearts? From what I've played, I think it's fun and an interesting twist on Disney movies.
Gerilgfx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:53 pm Reply with quote
well, if you have no matter with kindom hearts, i think you will enjoy this too, if they decide to do this
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Gerilgfx wrote:
imperialism sucks.

No, no, you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to say that imperialism is "pig disgusting".
AilisKnil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Gerilgfx wrote:
JAPAN IS SO GREAT AMERICA SUCKS I WISH I WERE JAPANESE Anime cry WHY GOD, WHY
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Gerilgfx wrote:
imperialism sucks.

Gerilgfx wrote:

Do you even know what imperial means? You do know that Japan is the country that had an empire, not America, right? Easy mistake, you'll probably learn about that in 4th grade history class next year.

Anyway, this is pretty neat and they did a nice job of blending the two franchises. Blossom kinda looks like she's trying to do a Teto cosplay. The figures might be tempting, but my figure budget is already pretty tight so I'll likely pass.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sender

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote
No no boys, the moment he/she said "Imperialist" the discussion was over... No point in arguing, is like feeding a troll.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Gerilgfx wrote:
imperialism sucks.

So Japan invading most of Asia during the 1930's and WW2 is what, not imperialistic. So China and Korea was friendly and welcoming their Japanese occupier and there was no battle or conflict between them, right?? So what about the Rape of Nanjing, and what about comfort women and the Japanese history textbook controversey talking about Japan's World War 2 atrocities.

Gergilgfx wrote:
JAPAN IS SO GREAT AMERICA SUCKS I WISH I WERE JAPANESE WHY GOD, WHY

AnilisKnil, that's what I thought about that guy when he started throwing stuff about it. It's an example of pro-Asian/Japanese supremacist.

Anyway, the Powerpuff Girl and Miku joining force is kind of interesting, I welcome the idea but the question will this come to US??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote
*ignores forum drama*

welp. didn't see this crossover coming Anime hyper

I think its cute looking. If the toys are reasonably priced I will probably get one~

this is probably just the Crypton vocaloids getting this treatment though *le sigh* maybe it'll be a hit and the older Cryptonloids and maybe Internet Co.'s Gumi will get to join in too.

I wish other companies would market their vocaloid characters because I like useless stuff for my apartment. but I guess Crypton's the only one that can afford to take chances on merchandise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2