• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise Studio to Hire International Business Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zilan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:34 am Reply with quote
Good. They can stop giving it to Bandai to F up.
yamiangie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote
amen to that. Unless they still charge to much for Gundam
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
well hopefully they hire someone who knows what they're doing because Bandai Entertainment and Sunrise don't.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Can I have the job?

Guess you'd need to know Japanese... damn it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Strike Freedom Meister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Might I offer some suggestions for the Sunrise International Business Staff?

1. Get content on Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, etc. Streaming services are a growing part of the content business & having Sunrise properties missing from them encourages piracy. All the big ones should be there a year ago but we're walking into 2012 with many holes in the digital streaming anime libraries of content providers. Charge a decent price. It doesn't have to be $1.99. I'd gladly pay a good but reasonable price to gain access.

2. Get more content on YouTube & make sure ALL of it can be streamed to every YouTube enabled device. Its embarassing that Gundam properties are on YouTube but I can't watch them on my Xbox 360 or my Blu-Ray player. This kind of integration should be a no brainer.

3. Bring exclusives to North America & abroad Internationally! The U.S & Canada shouldn't be treated as second class citizens to Japan. We've got a larger population & consume anime like its water. I understand the idea to do something cool for home. That's fine. But when you do nothing cool for North American & International audiences? We don't feel like the studios really want us as fans. Hell, the Android community constantly have giveaways & freebies to treat Android fans to free hardware. It's a thank you to treat fans. Make exclusives & giveaways.

4. Maintain your web properties. If you have an official portal, make sure it has an English, other foreign language options, constantly up to date, & a strong social network sharing features. Every language should be able to tune in without Chrome having to translate. If necessary, get input from the International teams but make sure those properties work seamlessly. Make sure that Facebook, Twitter, Google+, & other social network sharing are enabled. Allow for content to be easily shared.

5. Instead of fighting AMV & YouTube producers like pirates? Make it a contest! Allow them access to the video, access to music, let them compete for prizes, exposure, & the opportunity to pump up the brands. Frankly, some of the YouTube videos are better than the official trailers.

Sunrise really needs to think outside of the anime industry box to do better internationally.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quote
Strike Freedom Meister wrote:
Might I offer some suggestions for the Sunrise International Business Staff?

1. Get content on Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, etc. Streaming services are a growing part of the content business & having Sunrise properties missing from them encourages piracy. All the big ones should be there a year ago but we're walking into 2012 with many holes in the digital streaming anime libraries of content providers. Charge a decent price. It doesn't have to be $1.99. I'd gladly pay a good but reasonable price to gain access.

2. Get more content on YouTube & make sure ALL of it can be streamed to every YouTube enabled device. Its embarassing that Gundam properties are on YouTube but I can't watch them on my Xbox 360 or my Blu-Ray player. This kind of integration should be a no brainer.

3. Bring exclusives to North America & abroad Internationally! The U.S & Canada shouldn't be treated as second class citizens to Japan. We've got a larger population & consume anime like its water. I understand the idea to do something cool for home. That's fine. But when you do nothing cool for North American & International audiences? We don't feel like the studios really want us as fans. Hell, the Android community constantly have giveaways & freebies to treat Android fans to free hardware. It's a thank you to treat fans. Make exclusives & giveaways.

4. Maintain your web properties. If you have an official portal, make sure it has an English, other foreign language options, constantly up to date, & a strong social network sharing features. Every language should be able to tune in without Chrome having to translate. If necessary, get input from the International teams but make sure those properties work seamlessly. Make sure that Facebook, Twitter, Google+, & other social network sharing are enabled. Allow for content to be easily shared.

5. Instead of fighting AMV & YouTube producers like pirates? Make it a contest! Allow them access to the video, access to music, let them compete for prizes, exposure, & the opportunity to pump up the brands. Frankly, some of the YouTube videos are better than the official trailers.

Sunrise really needs to think outside of the anime industry box to do better internationally.

Oh, can I make a suggestion to add to your list. Sunrise should bring streaming right of old school anime in US for Youtube, Hulu, and CR. If Toei can bring Captain Harlock, Fist of the North Star, and Galaxy Express 999 to US in uncut and subtitled format for Hulu and CR, then Sunrise should be able to do the same. I want to watch some of the old-school anime (in uncut and subtitled format, no edited dub version) from Sunrise like Combattler V, Voltes V, Daimos, Raideen, Xabungle, Space Runway Ideon, Crusher Joe, Blue Comet SPT Layzner, The Brave series (except GaoGaiGar since Media Blaster has the license to that), Armoreed trooper Votom, Daitarn 3, Zambot 3, and Fang of the Sun Dougram. Those are the one I (and that include my cousin who is a big mecha and old school anime fan) would love to watch on streaming site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:55 am Reply with quote
Seems dealing with me has made another guy quit...

(just kidding, I think Smile )
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:13 am Reply with quote
"International Business Staff"

"Staff who handles international businesses" -- Correct
"Business staff who has international / foreign background" -- Incorrect
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1