• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Evangelion Date

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:22 pm Reply with quote
i thought Williams Street said that new Fullmetal Alchemist episodes start in August
space clam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Was it ever stated when Ghost in the Shell would return? *hoping for return of the FMA-GitS lineup*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, you can see how high a priority Adult Swim is giving Evangelion. The coveted 12:30 spot on Thursdays! Woo! Seriously, it wouldn't be that hard to put it on Saturdays, even with new episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell: SAC. Paranoia Agent is almost done, that can be moved to weeknights like many of their animes do once they finish the first run. FLCL can be taken off again; it's only six episodes, after all. It could make it on Saturdays.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
Well, you can see how high a priority Adult Swim is giving Evangelion. The coveted 12:30 spot on Thursdays! Woo! Seriously, it wouldn't be that hard to put it on Saturdays, even with new episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell: SAC. Paranoia Agent is almost done, that can be moved to weeknights like many of their animes do once they finish the first run. FLCL can be taken off again; it's only six episodes, after all. It could make it on Saturdays.

Some of us have better things to do on Saturday night than watch TV.

Thanks, AS, for the Thurs. spot.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:

Some of us have better things to do on Saturday night than watch TV.

Funny thing is, most of you don't Smile
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:

The problem with putting Evangelion on Saturdays is that it would be five premieres running in a row. The problem with five premieres running in a row, especially with Futurama pushing everything back a half-hour, is that it runs new episodes too late into the night. It's bad enough that Paranoia Agent now runs at 1:00, and you want another new show to air at 1:30? Most normal viewers don't make it that far into the night, and placing Evangelion after Futurama, new Inu-Yasha, new Fullmetal Alchemist, and what will likely be 2nd Gig & new s-CRY-ed will guarantee a bigger ratings bomb than placing it at a more reasonable hour on Thursday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I think you're misusing the word "bomb," but I could be wrong.

Two things: 1) This is earlier than I expected (and previously stated) and 2) it's interesting that it's a Thursday premiere. While Thursdays admittedly seem to be big money nights, all the premieres tend to be on the weekend.

*shrug* What do I know? Williams Street can sometimes be even more puzzling than GAINAX!
m5l111

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone ever heard of a vcr? I record almost all of my programs due to my hectic work schedule.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Shinobi X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Full Metal Achemist is finally coming back with new episodes! But I also want to know when GitS is going to have new eps. showing. It's good that Evangelion is coming to adult swim but I already have the DVD's so I don't care much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bebop26

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Well this is rather surprising. Ever since April 17, 2004 when Adult Swim got back Saturday, starting with The Animatrix, all their new anime's (with the exception of Super Milk Chan) have been on Saturday. From the new InuYasha episodes to Wolf's Rain to the premeir of Fullmetal Alchemist and such. But remember Paranoia Agent only has 3 more episodes to go. And [adult swim] always gives Fooly Cooly two runs before they stop it again. (since FLCL is so short) When Fullmetal Alchemist comes back, maybe adult swim could take Futurama off the schedule, put Paranoia Agent on weekdays, FLCL might be off the by then, and start Saturdays off with Fullmetal Alchemist at 11pm (Pacific time). Then Samurai Champloo at 11:30pm, then InuYasha at 12am, then Scryed at 12:30am, then something else at 1 and 1:30am.
We'll see on the September 17 though.

v1cious wrote:
i thought Williams Street said that new Fullmetal Alchemist episodes start in August

Me too. It said in that bump on July 3rd with the Premeirs, didn't it?
justdiver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Isn't anyone else worried the series is going to be absolutely butchered? I mean this series is absolutely crazy (not to mention the creator). The violence is off the charts and the ideas that are conveighed in the series are just as likely to create a stir. And I'm worried that they're going to just hack and slash this thing apart and destroy yet another great series...
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty interesting news. Not just the schedule, but the idea of EVA being on TV in general. It's a pretty old show compared to all the other anime playing on TV now. Maybe this will boost it's popularity even more, if that were possible.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:31 pm Reply with quote
justdiver wrote:
Isn't anyone else worried the series is going to be absolutely butchered?

No. Have you seen Adult Swim these past couple of years?

justdiver wrote:
The violence is off the charts and the ideas that are conveighed in the series are just as likely to create a stir.

The violence in Evangelion is no worse than some of the other shows Adult Swim's run. Hell, I've actually found some of the violence in Wolf's Rain, Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Samurai Champloo to be even more cringe-worthy than about 98% of what Evangelion serves up.

As for the "omg so controversial" ideas, they aren't so amasingly radical that Adult Swim would find need to censor them. The Christian imagery is pure fluff and the rest of it is about an extremely introverted kid holing himseld up inside his little mental shell. Nothing exactly Earth-shattering there.

justdiver wrote:
And I'm worried that they're going to just hack and slash this thing apart and destroy yet another great series...

"Yet another?" Name one anime Adult Swim has actually "butchered." Go ahead, I'd like to see what you come up with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shinobi X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
bebop26 wrote:
But remember Paranoia Agent only has 3 more episodes to go.

Shocked Only 3 episodes left? I've never notice that Paranoia Agant is that short.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3