• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Carnival Phantasm's 3rd Season Includes Fate/Prototype

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 am Reply with quote
OMG! Surprised Saver and Ayaka! Very Happy
Dakaran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:57 am Reply with quote
I have not read the manga so I don't understand this one, yet. It does have Miyano and others hard to pass up seiyuu so I'll watch it. Actually, after digging the pages of their casting roles I must watch it because those are solid seiyuu taking on the roles. :p
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:14 am Reply with quote
Dakaran wrote:
I have not read the manga so I don't understand this one, yet. It does have Miyano and others hard to pass up seiyuu so I'll watch it. Actually, after digging the pages of their casting roles I must watch it because those are solid seiyuu taking on the roles. :p

This is not a manga. This is based on a novel Kinoko Nasu, the founder of Type-Moon wrote in high school before he and his friend, Takashi Takeuchi, the other co-founder of Type-Moon use the novel's ideas to make the visual novel, Fate/stay Night.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I thought I'd never see the day when Saver and Ayaka would be animated.

I'm looking forward to this, the what could have been designs and characters for F/SN are really interesting.
Mirri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:00 pm Reply with quote
...now if only I could order Carnival Phantasm internationally from Amazon.co.jp

(it says "Sorry! This item cannot be shipped outside of Japan." when checkout is attempted with a U.S. address.)
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

^this. Type Moon is really going at it now.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Dear Type-Moon

I love you, I really do. I would be saying "take my money" if, you know, this were available in the US. Instead, I will say: now that you're hitting up more and more of the Fate franchise with animation, Heaven's Feel, kplzthx?
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

I'm looking forward to this, the what could have been designs and characters for F/SN are really interesting.

I've no prior knowledge about Prototype but I've enjoyed Fate/Zero very much and what little I remember seeing of FSN, so a male version of Saber would be fun to see as well, I think.
YYQDarkPLayer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:45 am Reply with quote
Dont understand how the whole story goes...first stay night then unlimted blade then prototype then zero..headache
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:21 am Reply with quote
YYQDarkPLayer wrote:
don't understand how the whole story goes...first stay night then unlimted blade then prototype then zero..headache

First is Fate/Stay Night. It has three alternative scenarios: Fate (the anime), Unlimited Blade Works (the movie) and Heaven's Feel (not animated). Fate/Zero is prequel that is based on things from all three of those alternative scenarios. You'll get more out of it if you watch it after F/SN. Fate/Prototype is just how the Fate scenario looked at its inception. If you like the franchise already, watch it, but it's probably just a New Year's present for fans.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:01 am Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:
...now if only I could order Carnival Phantasm internationally from Amazon.co.jp

(it says "Sorry! This item cannot be shipped outside of Japan." when checkout is attempted with a U.S. address.)

You could try http://www.paletweb.com/. That's what I used to buy the Fate/Stay Night VN. It's not quite as convenient as Amazon, but it is in English.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1