• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ITunes USA Offers Japanese Inventory

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aresef

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:50 am Reply with quote
There are a lot of artists in those new sections that show up but don't yet have any albums listed. Wait until next Tuesday for the real flood.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Well... the dispite being unable to easily get any of the songs on the JiTms, the Podcasts are availiable for anyone, regardless of country. This has at least got me a bit occupied for a while anyway. =P

But I'd gladly pay the extra fee for some of those songs. I don't see it becoming an immidate possibility though. =/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
LordRobin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:17 am Reply with quote
I just checked out the J-Pop selection at the US iTMS. Sure enough, there's a heck of a lot of artists listed. Unfortunately, none of them seem to have any songs available. What's up with that?

------RM
Aresef

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
I just checked out the J-Pop selection at the US iTMS. Sure enough, there's a heck of a lot of artists listed. Unfortunately, none of them seem to have any songs available. What's up with that?

------RM

Like I said, they're likely setting up for next Tuesday's weekly influx of new tunes.
Abel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quote
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote
VoidJim wrote:
(p.s. don't blame Apple for this, it's the music company and distributors that don't want worldwide sales)
I don't think that I will ever understand this - I want to give them my money at full retail price, but they don't want it. So what do I do? I turn around and buy the CD off of eBay (takes longer though, and you have to be extreamly careful about bootlegged CDs).
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I also have no idea why they wouldn't want to expand their music inventory. Is there a copyright issue with the music artists or something? I don't see how it would hurt to just list some songs for people to download. We're paying for it.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I believe it tracks back down to the recording labels acctually. I'm not entirely sure though.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Invidia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Can I buy songs from the Japanese store if I got an iTunes prepaid card from Japan? Has anyone outside of Japan tried this?
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Invidia wrote:
Can I buy songs from the Japanese store if I got an iTunes prepaid card from Japan? Has anyone outside of Japan tried this?

You need to have a Credit Card to start an account anyway.
jpopotaku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:43 am Reply with quote
Yes I've tried it and bought several albums through the Japanese store. I got my cards from http://www.jpopmp3s.com.
They send you the card number within hours, I even got one back in 5 minutes once.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2