• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America to Release Natsume Yūjin-Chō Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Why doesn't NIS simply take my wallet now and call it a day? Laughing
Easily the best news I've heard in a long time.
rabrek

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Natsume isn't to everyone's taste, but I'm very pleased to hear this. Hadn't expected to see physical releases for this or for House of Five Leaves... I'm developing a crush on NIS America.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice to get if its going to be dubbed
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote
OMG this is like the perfect late present of the year.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:

NISA does not do dubs for anime. I was going to watch the franchise on CR, but now I'll wait and just buy the premium additions. I sampled, like, 5 minutes of the first eppie of the first series a few months ago and it didn't float my boat, but I'll give it more of a chance.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:

Has NISA dubbed anything yet? Have they given indications that they're going to? No? Then don't hold your breath.

I'm unsure if I will like this or not, but I really haven't been let down by NISA in the past, and their premium sets are just so hard to pass up, so I may give this a fair shake when it comes out.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Shocked *paint me flabbergasted*

Well then, I know what I'm gonna pre-order in 2012!! Smile

It's better off without a dub but, since this is NIS America, I can expect some sweet bonus stuff to be included!!!
Parvati-IV

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!

NISA sneaks in (outed by crunchy? lol) a great last-minute 2011 license. I may even order from them direct, depending on how much Nyanko swag the sets come with. I am so happy someone picked this up!
Razzuel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh hell yes! I'll be buying this day one!

I've been meaning to watch it on Crunchyroll, since I've heard it being compared to Mushi-shi (which I absolutely loved), but now that NISA has licensed it, I'll wait until they release it to watch it.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I am not a "fan" of natsume, but I can understand why people love it. this show is a perfect fit for NIS. and I think it is important to focus on the fact that they already have the rights to all four seasons (one of which that has not even been broadcast yet). I think that is worth mentioning. I also heard a rumor that Christina Vee is going to be Teiga in the dub of toradora. which would make sense for their first dub. I would love a dub of kimi ni todoke as well though.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Well that's good. I kinda hope they find a more affordable way of releasing this though. Paying for expensive premium sets is fine for a single season show but doing it again, and again, and again...and again for a four season show is a bit much. I'd like to at least see something in the ballpark of 26 episode sets.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
This is absolutely great news! Seriously, I'm trying not to go all-caps over this. I never thought we'd see a DVD release for Natsume. I'm just... wow. Yeah, NISA, take my money, please and thank you!

Parvati-IV wrote:
I may even order from them direct, depending on how much Nyanko swag the sets come with. I am so happy someone picked this up!
When you order from them directly do you get additional items that other vendors don't have, even if they're both "Premium/Limited" editions (or whatever they call it)?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Well that's good. I kinda hope they find a more affordable way of releasing this though. Paying for expensive premium sets is fine for a single season show but doing it again, and again, and again...and again for a four season show is a bit much. I'd like to at least see something in the ballpark of 26 episode sets.

I don't know I am sort of new to NIS America (I only came aware of them with House of Five Leaves) but I actually find their premium sets pretty nice & affordable. And from what I understand they do release non-premium sets.

Also I am not sure if I can watch Natsume Yuujinchou with anything but Kamiya Hiroshi as the soft & soothing quality of his performance as Natsume is one of the major reasons I love the series so much. I am not saying an English speaking actor wouldn't be able to capture that same quality but I also don't think a dub is needed for this series. Even though I know that is a deal breaker for some people.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss. Need to get this and House of Five Leaves from them next year for sure, too bad it looks like the second set for Pandora Hearts went out of print without me noticing and is starting to go for crazy prices now. >.>
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Good: EEEEEEEEEEEK!!! MY WISH HAS FINALLY BEEN FULFILLED!!!

Bad: Awww. It's not gonna be dubbed. Oh well. Better than nothing, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5