• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Error reports cleared and error still counting

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:33 pm Reply with quote
A few other people and I submitted error reports on Mawaru Penguindrum's objectionable content rating. My number of "out" error reports increased to 1 on Mawaru Penguindrum, but my error reports also remained at 1 for that article. I've searched the page over and do not have any other active reports for that page.

Also, on other resolved error reports, old reports that applied to the content prior to being fixed are usually grayed out; they entirely disappeared (as far as I can tell) from Mawaru. The source for the change was "See error reports for details," which led me to expect to be able to view the old error reports on that page.

I have no qualms with my contribution count being one higher or the rating being changed, but I was hoping for some insight if I've I'm wrong and it's working properly.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Error reports are made against the individual bit of data, not the type; the reports were made against the "Mild" rating entry which has been hidden and there are no reports against the "Significant" entry. While they are both classed as "Objectionable content" and are mutually exclusive, they are separate data points.
I don't know why the counts are off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
My error counts appear to be accurate again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1